Which fish finder for $500 or less??

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Seth, May 21, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I have about $500 to spend on a fish finder for my boat. If you had $500, which model would you get? I have been looking at the Lowrance X135 and am thinking about getting it, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it and if there was a better choice.

2. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    the x135 is a real good unit in black an white,the x510 is not much more,and is in color ,and thats a plus ,color is the way to go.for 500 or under and lowarance is the only way to go!

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I just got a Humminbird747c for $400 at Bass Pro. Color is defiently the way to go. You would not believe the detail you have missed before on black and white units. It will show the thermocline and you can actually see your jig or bait under the boat. I'm not trying to sell you it but, right now they giving away a free weather sense monitor ($80)that gives you real time barometric changes. I just sent off for mine so I can't really tell you thats works. It is really detailed and is GPS ready. For me it is really worth it.

4. MON RIVER RAT

MON RIVER RAT New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I just purchased the lowrance x510 for $499 and it's color,water temp,radar capable, volt meter,different color backgrounds,can run multiple gauges. Very easy to use