Which do you think is better waterfoul hunting woods,fields,or open water

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by shovehead1, Jan 22, 2010.

1. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    Now different people have different views on this,but I hunt all. It kinda works around the weather. When the waters low it's open water and woods,but when the water is high its a rice or bean field.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think all are equal,I know I love field hunting so much I wouldnt dream of hunting near or on cold water ever again.,never tried woods hunting,we kinds short on woods where I live.

3. Asphalt_Cowboy88

Asphalt_Cowboy88 New Member

State:
    Emporia KS
    I like em all really...ive got a few favorite spots that are flooded timber, but on the really cold days its nice to be able to get out in a field and not stand in water up to your elbows

4. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I hunt it all. Several of our area lakes are full now and there's lots of flooded timber. Of course now everything's frozen up but that's ok. They have to fly out to feed. We'll be waiting for them. And on the days they're using fields we can't hunt, I'm not at all above a round of pass shooting. Took a limit of canadas today pass shooting a lake point. Just gotta make sure they land on the ground. Ice is getting pretty thin now.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I grew up hunting and guiding Casch river, bayou de view, white river. Hunted the fields during cloudy nasty days, but when the sun shines and the birds raft up in the woods, lets get a tree and kick a little water. I had rather see 1 duck work green timber than kill a sack full from a pit in a field.When Casch hits 9 foot at Patterson, the woods are perfect at Black Swamp south of Augusta,

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I never have hunted timber. But, I love it all. Goose hunting fields or ducks in the marsh, they are all awesome