Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SkiMax, Oct 31, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I don't know if this has been talked about, just wondering what you guys prefer somebody to give you: Rep or Thanks. I never know which is the new 'in thing' so i usually give both :big_smile:

Personally, I like rep more than thanks, just because it's been around longer. but what do you guys think?

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I like them both but I like REP the most, the thing I like about Rep is being able to leave a comment for the person almost like a little PM or something.

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just like to have fun and maybe give My opinion on some things now and then.
    Either one is good on rep or thanks. As long as people like ya being here. That is what counts. Really its nice both way's but I dont keep count and I forget to give sometimes.
    Member and site support. Its all good. :cool2:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like them both but I break it down this way

A good laugh, thought are just agreeing with what was said is Thanks. A good idea, advice are things of that nature is Rep's. I do tend to be liberal with both though which can be good and bad.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    For a month, I've been trying to give Peewee a rep for some things he said. I'd given him one before, now the program keeps telling me that I need to spread the rep points around. I've given out a bunch since then, but still can't give one to Peewee and he's made several great posts. So, its been thanks instead. In the end, I'm not sure it matters. No other fishing forum I subscribe to has rep or thanks. The thanks is a nice civil way to show appreciation. I worry some about there being a race to collect rep points with some. But, the thanks is something other forums could add that would be beneficial.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah im like this , i do both .
    the week of my birthday every body that posted and wished me a happy one got rep till i wasnt allowed to give :lol: i gave out 1005 rep points in two hours :lol:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I must admit to being slow to catching on to the "Thanks" thing since it was added. I always just gave rep when I felt it was deserved. Guess I better get up to speed on the "Thanks" thing!:crazy:

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I might not be doing something right but I never know who thanked me for what.
    I give reps most often.
    Bill

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    REPS! I only thank if the thread is truely hlpful to me not everyone on every post. Thats annoying kinda. jmo

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Rep points and thanks are a nice way to thank Someone for there post that has given you some information that has helped you or just given you a good laugh. Now I would like to recomend that for a REALLY Good post that there be a third button that we could push that would give that person a FREE can of Beer! LOL J.D.
    :beat_brick: :beat_brick: :beat_brick: