The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Horse-MON
21,574 Posts
Wish it was that simple. It depends on the body of water, pond or river, time of the year, water temp. and so on. This fall they were on G & S cheese in the Miss. river, and others, I start with Wicked Sticky and have mixed every brand there is into that at one time or other. The hotter the water gets the more garlic powder you can add, that is a fact. Good luck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have been using Triple S , used to be Sonnys or G and S. Caught a lot of fish over the years on them. Know how to mix them up to match conditions are important. Always carry a small jug of cooking oil and a small bag of flour . oil when it’s thick and flour when it’s runny. Should be the consistency of peanut butter . I found the softer the tube the better. J and N or Junnies make some really good tubes.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I have found nothing better than Sonny while fishing Rend Lake in southern IL. I have caught channels from the Ohio on it also but the only time I use it there is if I have someone in the boat wanting to catch fish and I can't get them on any Blues. I like Sonny's because I can put it in the boat locker and forget it, doesn't spoil on hot days and doesn't appear freezing and thawing has any effect. I have a zip lock bag with tongue depressors and small sponges from D.G. stored also, the depressors to push the holder into the bait and the sponge to dry the bait holder before applying more bait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts