Which digital scales is everybody using?

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by Grumper, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm looking for a good quality digital scale, but the only ones I'm finding at Cabela's and Bass Pro, only go to 50lbs. I'd like to find something that goes to 100lbs. I know berkely makes one that goes to 65, but the user reviews on bass pro arent that great. Any others that anybody knows of? I would consider a spring scale, depending on how accurate it is. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take a gander at Coffee Marketing... one of our sponsors. I got one at the National Gathering that will weigh 220#...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Love and Time: The only two things in all of life and all the world that cannot be bought, but spent.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Wally world had a close out nationwide on alot of gear this past winter/spring. I was able to get a Rapala brand 50# digital scale for $17.00, and I think that was a darn good deal! Check out ebay too. Ive gotten some good deals on gear there too. Just be careful who you buy from.

4. Desrthorn

Desrthorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know a couple of guys that just take their regular digital scale from home when they go catfishing. They just weigh themselves with and without the fish to determine the fish's weight. Works great for big fish, I don't know how good it would work for accuratley weighing smaller fish.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree.That will be my next set.Here is a link...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17862

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    We too use the scales from Coffey Marketing and couldn't be happier with them. They are well worth the price not to mention Coffey Marketing is one of the wonderful sponsors of the BOC and offers the BOC members a special discount!

Feel free to contact Gary Coffey with any questions you may have on the scales. You will find him to be extremely friendly and helpful.

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    i am usin my NEW COFFEE MARKETIN 110# DIGITAL SCALE that i won for the survivor series prize.... i take it everywhere i go.....to the grocery store where i weigh my maders and taters, to walmart where i weigh my husbands purchases.....hes not allowed over so many # of sportin goods stuff in one visit....take it to my friends house with me so i can weigh the BS i can only handle listenin to so much ya know....and i definately carry it in the boat with me....since i wont let my husband catch a bigger fish than me..... (just kiddin on that) more like all my lil pan fish together weighs same as one of his catches...but oh well....get you one of the COFFEE MARKETING DIGITAL SCALES....they are good.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Those Coffee Marketing scales are just plain awesome. You can't go wrong with em.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Coffee Marketing has the best digital scales on the market today. Got mine at the National gathering last year

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The 220 pound scale that our sponser sales is the best you will find and the price is great. It sells for almost twice what we pay in others areas.

You will be pleased.

11. xpress

xpress New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use the old time scales for weighing cotton sacks. They are spring loaded and fairly accurate and will weigh large fish. Have checked against digital scales and only off + or - 1lb.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    coffey scales in 220 lb.class.couldnt be happier.

13. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I've just recieved my new 220# scales, and would like to know where is the best place to hook the fish for weighting, in the gills????Dwight

14. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    The Coffey scales are the absolute best, its great how they dipped the hooks in a plastic coat so that you wont be hurting the fish more than you need to. Best place to hook them to be weighed is just under the jaw through where the gill slit ends. Here are a couple of pictures to demonstrate.

15. SilencedMajority

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Allright, here are the pictures...

Attached Files:

16. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks for the info....That's the info I was looking for.....Now tell me where the temp gauge is on it....I would have thought an operators manual would have come with it....Thanks again.....Dwight

17. SilencedMajority

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I believe mine came with a mini-manual inside the packaging. To see the Temperature I believe you push the "Mode" button when the unit is off, I'm pretty sure but I don't have it in front of me right now.

18. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Thanks dude....I didn't see a manual with mine....Especially if it came outa the pack...Nothing in the pack but the scales...But I could've overlooked it in the box.....I'll check and see.....Dwight