Which Crossbow would you buy?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by vetrock, Jul 27, 2008.

1. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    I am going to Bass Pro in Springfield in 2 weeks to buy a crossbow. I am willing to spend some money.

I like the Horton Summit crossbow and want a Block Crossbow target, but am really pretty ignorant about this subject.

I want to get one because my son is scared of a gun's noise.

So, what do I want, what scope do I attach, what arrows do I buy, how much is all of this gonna cost me?

Thanks in advance.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ever see the new horton with reverse limbs? pretty neat.

the re-con. heres a pic.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a horton summit. hd-150

specs.
    260 feet per second.

150lb draw weight.

redhead by bass pro sells a package deal. $309.99

INCLUDES 3 BOLT QUIVER AND RED DOT SIGHT

3 practice bolts and practice points.

this book is the new fall of 08. they have 6 crossbow scopes listed. from $22.99-$109.99-$149-$159

bolts. 6 packs range from $30-$65

morrells yellowjacket crossbow target. $54.99 shot blocker target $84.99 the BLOCK target. $99.99.

link to the bass pro summit package deal.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...-3B5B-DD11-98CA-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

hope this helps. gives ya an idea of what your looking at.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Rocky, in no way can anyone tell you which one to get, I have 3 of them all different. I would suggest doing what you already stated, go to a pro shop or two and shoot every one that catches your eye. The factory recommendations on what type of bolts to shoot are about as good as you are going to get, yes some fine tuning can be done. Just go with what you like and feels right to you to shoot, most any reputable shop will let you try most anything you want to try out before hand. good Luck with it, just make sure it does all you will ever want it to do....... then maybe slowly work on your son and his fear of powder weapons a little at a time........ Good Luck!