Which bows the best

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Creteus, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I've been looking into buying a bow. as a kid i could split a sparrow with a little black bear. Pretty sad I know but my grandfather hated all the noise they made and gave me something to do. Either way I'd like to get a good bow for hunting deer with. I 've been reading up alot on them and have seen a few I like but like anything reading about them is pointless when it comes to performance. some has told me to go and spend a weekend at the bass pro trying them out, but who has time for all that. I want a silent bow with good balance and light weight. Any ideas or thoughts on the ones that you own would be helpfull.

2. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Go to a pro shop and try out several bows. When you find the right one for you, you will know it.

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i would say go with PSE or martin. they both make some good quality bows and should be in a reasonable price range. if ya wanna spend a ton of money i would go to you nearest matthews dealer and look into one of them.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I shoot a darton. but, it's not real quiet and definately not very forgiving for long draw and hold times. but it shoots FAST and flat. everything with compound bows is a comprimise. i like mine because theres not much arrow drop from 25-40 yards leaving a little more room for sighting errors, wind, etc. i would suggest a bow for a beginner that he can draw smoothly and quiet, and you can hold it back for a minute or so and hold it steady. dont be too caught up in how quiet a bow shoots. you only need one shot. make it count. if you do opt for a quieter shooting bow, mathews make a few really nice models. the most popular brands are mathews, darton, diamond, pse, hoyt, etc, etc. go to a few pro shops and see what dealers are around you. try out a few different bows. pay attention to draw length. make sure you can hold it at full draw (on the string stops) without your holding arm being locked. i'd also suggest using a release and a string loop for more accurate releases. this is important to consider before picking draw lengths. shop around. it's easier to learn before you buy. than to settle with something your not gonna be happy with.

5. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    the one that cost the most is always the best

6. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    there are alot of excellent bows out there,hold them and shoot them.i shoot the mathews switchback its very fast ,very forgiving and very quiet,and very expensive,but worth every dime.

7. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I have shot several bows over the time. From and browning recurve in the 80's to my latest hoyt trikon. My best advise would be figure what you want to spend and look at the ones in your price range. Each person is going to react and feel different from one bow to another, besure and shoot the bow your interested in. If your not comfortable with shooting the bow, it doesn't do your confindence any good when that buck comes in.

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I used to think that but lately i've been ending up with high dollar crap:smile2: