WHICH BOAT DO YOU LIKE THE BEST

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catoon, Jan 29, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    which boat hull type do you like the best and why

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I have a crestliner bass boat and i like it. and i like it the best because my sweetheart wont allow me to have another one!

3. Nomdic1

Nomdic1 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Aluminum v-hull. Rugged, handles rough water, won't crack in extreme cold, can be welded on (permanent), and when painted in flat finish, doesn't have to be polished!!

Attached Files:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It aint much but she's sipp werthey and bought/paid fer .....

Attached Files:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    deep v is what i like but if it takes me safely fishing and brings me back i dont care lol move over let me in lets go fishing

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i have to use a wide high floating flatbottom aluminum boat here in my home river. there are times when i have to travel in water as shallow as a few inches due to low water conditions on a small river. but do i like it and is it the best boat to catfish out of---well, no. when it is windy and the water has a chop an aluminum boat is way too noisy. sounding like someone with a ball bat hitting an oil drum. they say that sound travels better under water so the fish are getting a symphony from an aluminum boat. but you have to make do with what works best in your particular fishing situation. i still catch fish but think an aluminum boat is not the best choice.

7. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    That's an easy question, catoon. Carolina Skiff 238DLV. Plenty of movin'-around room, wide, dry ride, and rated for a 150. What more could I ask for? :wink::cool2:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I gotta G3 1756 duckboat, with a 60/40 Merc. jet to run the skinny waters where I live... I like it the best because its almost paid for!:smile2::wink: rollo

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Flat bottom skiff type boats. Mostly fish the shallow Great Pee Dee. Versatile enough for big water when it's not too rough out.

Bill in SC

10. Vekta

Vekta New Member

State:
    CA
    We have a fiberglass Deep V(I think) It's like a life boat but smaller. The thing has a capacity of 750 pounds. Pretty good for a 2 man. (we've had 5 plus 2 dogs in it once)

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Works for me to ! :wink:

12. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm going to jump in here with Pat, I love my 15 degree V-cat.

13. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I'm gonna say the V for more stabilty...

14. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I like my flatbottom jon boat.....stable, doesn't take much gas to run it, and floats like a cork. Its also super versatile, i can do just about anything out of it (duck hunting, fishing, crabbing, etc etc etc).

15. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have a Lund 17 foot 1700 fisherman works well for me I like the deep V in rough water,somtimes I'm just not ready,or smart enough to come in when the wind picks up :smile2: Mine is a bit hard on the butt in rough water,that would be one thing I dont like about it. But still better than a tri hull in my opinion. :smile2::cool2: Also have a 16 foot long, wide jon. works well also. Just depends on where I'm going.:confused2:

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    First off its got to be alum. and a riverjet welded heavy gauge hull to knock down the tree stumps, my 20' North River mariner has single piece 3/16 bottom 6' wide with a 12* hull, built as solid as a rock, it will drift in 12" of water and w/ the 150/105 Yamaha outboard jet and a 3" tunnel it will run in less then 8" of water (they say 4"). The back of the boat is wide open for fishing, 6'X6' open behind the seats. After having the boat for 6 months I have absolutely no complaints with the boat or it performance, just kinda wished now I would have got the 175 merc OptiMax a little liter and with a little more power

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84066

Attached Files:

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    if i had an extra 25 grand a river pro would be nice:wink:

18. jrack1

jrack1 New Member

State:
    mo.
    i have a pas pro but i like my 1973 tom sawyer 14ft thyhull best. it just a good all-around boat.

19. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    sea-ark big daddy will be my next boat

20. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    A coonass hotrod!

Attached Files: