Which ABU Garcia

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by alton, Feb 8, 2007.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I plan to buy a new casting reel. I have narrowed the decision to the ABU BG7000HS - BG7000HSN - 7000C3. The reel will be used for bank fishing on a 12' rod. All advice and opinions appreciated. Tiny, I know you have been here before, but I am still undecided, your advice is always appreciated.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    There the same except something changed here and added there. I don't think your going to see that big of a difference. Your reel you decide.

3. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    The 7000HSN holds less line then the other two, the N stands for narrow spool. I have 7000C3's and really like'em, I've never used the other two. Tspergin made a post on here the other day discribing all those reels if you can find it.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    If you look in my ad in the classifieds here you will see TSpergin's specs on each.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got several 7000s from old to brand new. They're mounted on everything from 12' to 14' rods. The standard 7000s with the bushings take alot of throwing to get them broke in, and the ones with the bearings will throw far sooner if they're oiled properly.

After a bushing reel is broke in correctly, it seems to throw as far as one with the bearings. I've got an old 7000C model that I just replaced the bearings in again, and it throws great and reels smooth. I've never had to replace a bushing and they still throw the same and reel pretty much just as smooth.

The exception is the new CS Pro Rocket I just aquired that threw damn near all the way across the river first cast! That's the smoothest reel I've ever had. But, I think that's because it's the type of bearings in the reel, same number as the 7000C, just a different kind.

I was thinking about the C3 model, but just one more bearing to have to service, so I decided against it. I'm casting just as far as the guys with the C3s with both my bearing and bushing reels.

Find the one you get the best price on. If you get the bushing reel, and want bearings later on, you can switch them out in less than 5 minutes, then keep the bushings in your box in case a bearing goes bad, and switch them back.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would remend the 7000C3's

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i talk to some people at the bait shop this week end and they said the new 7000 big game they just made them better this year they took all the guts out an put the salt water guts in them to make them last longer so id have to say go with the 7000 big game

8. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I would say go with 7000c3..​

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I WOULD GO WITH THE ABU 7000C3, IT'S A REALLY GOOD REEL.