which 320 gti or 330gti i should get??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by F150Catfish, Feb 13, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I cannot decide which I should get 320gti or 330gti... need opinion?? which is best?? I'm gonna put #30lb test Big game on it... Thanks

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i dont have one but have heard alot of good things about the 320gti

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got a 320 gt2, and I doubt you'd need anything larger for catfish. It's a really good reel. We also have a 220 gto, and it's real good, just not quite as smooth as the gt2, but still a great reel for the money.

4. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was like you when I bought my 330GTI. I can't decide between the two. But after a while of contemplating I finally decided on the 330. The difference between the two reels is almost negligible. The 320GTI is a little smaller but looks a lot better, a little cheaper and the gear ratio is higher than the 330. The 330 is bigger means more line, bulkier and the gear ratio is a little lower than the 320. It will be up to you really. I choose the 330 because I want more line capacity for my intended use.

Good Luck!

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Either one should work, both are good reels.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I imagine you couldn't go wrong with a Penn, they are good reels.

I can't speak for the models you named, but I have a few 320GT2's, and I highly recommend them for trophy catfishing.

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    F150Catfish , I happen to own the 320 GTi and know it to be a Great Reel. I have primarily used my 320 gti for Saltwater fishing. It has brought up many Sealochs, Cod, Ling and Lump! These names may seem foreign and they are as they are fish that we caught in Norway. The reel will serve you well and will not let you down. I do not own the 330 GTi and can not comment. I have PP on my reel in the 100lb. breaking strength and it takes over 280yd. of the stuff. The 30lb. line will reduce this quite a lott. I use Braid and that is my choice, but you will need to decide.

HOPPY4

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    GOOD Advice there James you gave to the Brother!! Glad You are on Board. Your Friend. J.D.
    :big_smile:

9. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    I have two 330 and have really enjoyed them and there extra line capacity.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with this post. I think the 320gt2 would do a great job and would hold enough 30# line to not empty your spool on a big run.Good luck on your choice.:big_smile:

11. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I have a 320 gt2 and love the strngth and power.....I doubt that anywhere in america you need anything bigger.