Where's the trappers at?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by shooter06, May 7, 2009.

1. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    This category has no action, so I was just wondering who all traps? I've been trapping for 2 years now and absolutely love it. Raise your hand if you trap!!!:004:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Michael. I used to trap mostly coyotes,bobcats and raccoon. I took a traveling const job in 1989 and just haven't gotten back into it. I been wanting to,But with all other pasttimes it takes a bunch of money to pursue.This economy has things in the crapper.

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. I'm a trapper from SW Ohio.

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Welcome to the B.O.C:cool2::cool2::smile2:

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.
    I'm a trapper from SE Iowa.
    Have a good 1
    just

6. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there are a few trappers left in the dieing breed. Like I said I have trapped part time for the last 2 years. Working full-time 12hr shifts really cuts into my trapping time. I got my grandpa hooked on it, so we get to spend some quality time together aswell. I am a multi species trapper and have caught every fur bearer in my area that Missouri has to offer, except for them pesky otters! Here's a couple highlight pics from last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Favorite!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some great looking pictures Mike. When ever I catch something worth taking a picture of, my camera is back in the truck...when I have it with me I catch nothing.LOL! never fails.

8. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    I'm a trapper from north-central Ohio. Make sure you support your State Trapping Assn. Also the FTA. Join them and go to the meets and rendezvous you will learn tons. Also your membership supports the fight against the antis.

Man I wish we had cats around here they look like a ton of fun to trap!

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i myself am a bit of a trapper from S.E ohio been doing it for about 6 years love every minuite of it. Keep up the good work my man great lookin pics by the way

10. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Welcome I Have trapped for 4 years and had a blast doing it. I also like to do alot of late season predator calling.

11. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Been trapping since I was 6. I check in here every now and then but never see any posts.

12. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    I'm a third generation trapper from northwest Louisiana. Started on the trplines with my grandpa and dad when I was old enough to walk. They are both gone now, so I'm just carrying on the family tradition! Trapping is my number one favorite outdoor pursuit!

Mike, them are some great photos. Sure is some nice spots on that kitty.

13. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Thanks Eric! Don't find them like that much around here. I also agree with you about trapping being my #1 outdoor activity.

14. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I llke your photos. I trap a little. Seems like less and less as the years go by.

15. muddcat

muddcat New Member

State:
    missouri
    Im a trapper N.E. Missouri

16. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Where abouts in N.E. Missouri, muddcat?

17. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hi Michael, Welcome aboard ... the board was pretty steady during trapping season ... now everyone is fishing. I just finished writing a book for beginner muskrat trappers and hope to get it back from the printers tomorrow. I started trapping in 1947 ... so I have been around a long time .... But I am still learning, as we all should be ... Garry- My email actor@gbso.net

18. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    Hi Garry. Thanks for the welcome! I've read alot of your posts on Tman. I wish we had a good muskrat population in my area. I've caught a handful but nothing like it should be. It may be that I don't target them unless I can put a coni at their den. I plan on doing more water trapping this year than I have in the past 2 seasons so maybe I'll connect with a few more.

19. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Howdy. I've trapped for about nine years now..done alot of nuisance animal trapping, but I fur trap muskrat, raccoon and beaver. Gonna try my hand at coyotes too one of these days. Yall have fun.

20. shooter06

shooter06 New Member

State:
    Central Missouri
    You'll like catchin them yotes! They are a pain to skin by hand but nothin like one bouncin around in a catch circle when ya round the corner.