Where's the fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by bwanatony, Aug 10, 2008.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Is anyone catching any flatheads in Michigan lately?
    I've been out two nights in a row with no hits. Good bait, good spots, good weather, no fish.
    Usually by this time of year the bite starts to pick up again.
    I met five different guys at the launch ramp who were skunked, too. One guy had three small channels that he caught on stink bait, and that was it. He was really proud of himself.
    Funny thing, when he said he caught three, I asked him if they were channels or flats-- and he didn't know. So he got them out and we taught him how to tell them apart.
    Anyway, please post if you catch any flats, because I'm beginning to think they're going extinct or something...

2. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Tony we had some luck in the Grand lately, see the post about my dad in the river section...they are out there and they are hungry....

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Do you really think one fish between two guys qualifies as "they are hungry"? ROTFLOL!!! No really, nice catch on that night with your dad, but they should be hitting better than this. Maybe the spawn is late due to this chilly summer, or maybe the fish are stuffed with mayflies right now.
    Maybe next week...

4. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    HAHAHA! Very funny Tony, I was getting used to not catching ANYTHING! Seems like I'm allowed to catch one flathead each summer! Kind of a bum deal if ya ask me! :angry:

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    I just don't want you getting a big head... :>)