Wheres the first place(when the cats are actually biting good) your going to fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i was just seeing what you guys are going to say. so ya

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    My creek! I love that place :wub: Nice and cozy on those hard rocks :D

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    435, Olathe Lake , Gardner Lake. Ill rotate my fishing, but It will mainly be those spots. :)

4. IDODIKES

IDODIKES New Member

State:
    missouri
    whats the biggest cat youve caught out of lake olathe and gardiner

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I'm going to head up to the upper part of Truman on friday to try my luck. I also might hit up some local lakes.

6. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Probably have to say 435.

7. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I was thinking about fishing 435 this weekend, Is there any way to fish on the north side from the bank without being arrested for trespass? I went ther once last year, I used to fish it alot 10 or 12 yrs ago when I lived in Lansing. I never have been able to catch fish here in lawrence like I used to catch there. I caught my biggest blue there 44lbs. I was asking about the north side because the last time I went there it looked better but could not find a way down there without trespassing. any help would be appreciated. If any of you guys are going to be there saturday night holler at me it would be great to meet you!:rolleyes:

8. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yes Sir, I fish from all sides. Here when the weather get to going steady it's going to be FIRE down there.

9. johnyjo

johnyjo New Member

State:
    kansas
    where do i park?where do i walk?
    im new to the 435 spots

10. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    What & where is the 435?

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    435 is a highway. The Kansas River runs right under it. This spot we are all talking about has a small dam that has a chute type waterfall on the south side, and a smaller waterfall on the north side. The south side is considered the better side for cats, being the majority of the waterflow comes from that side. Right now you can get right down on the rock point on the south side, but when the river comes up in the spring, you wont be able to walk the rocks all the way out there. So the only way to fish that area then , will be to make a real long cast from the north side to the south side, or walk down over the railroad tracks and on to the Johnson County Waterworks property to the bank which can unfortunately lead you to get kicked off the bank for trespassing. Johnny Jo , Ill enclose a map of where we are talking about , so you'll know how to get there. You'll want to take 435 highway to woodend rd. , get off there , and park on the west side of the Peterbilt dealership where the little parking lane is by the fence. Walk directly south down the fence line to a little path leading down to the rocks. Follow that all the way south to the furthest rock point you can get out on. Cast directly east as far as you can into the tailrace, and thats about the best I can tell ya. Kendrick , or anyone else jump in and help me out if Im missing something.

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc283&image=01746_spot.JPG

http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc203&image=01467_435_larger_image.JPG

:0a26:

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'm headed out today around 10 am to fish Spring river around #10 bridge near Grand Lake, Oklahoma for some whitebass, and hopefully some hybrids as well. Heard they're catching them. I have a rare weekend off...am hoping to put it to good use!

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Eric , I wish I could meet you down there Saturday night. Unfortunately I have to work. I will be down there Sun, Mon, Tues, and Weds weather permitting. I have yet to fish the south side yet........;)

14. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I'm no master angler or anything but I fish there alot. I try to pass my knowlege down to others about that spot, and I learn from others also, I can tell you better in person. So we can hook up one day. Whoever

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kendrick , dont be so modest, you know your the Bill Dance of Kansas City. :grin-big:

16. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Alright then Doug Stange, I need you to show me a few things.

17. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    well keith keeps buggin me to post so i learned alot about fishing from keyooo
    wich in turns kenny tought him so carry on the knoledge thanks
    chris

18. KansasCat

KansasCat New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    is the spot you guys talking about by the old midwest plant?

19. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    I live in S. E. Ks. & as soon as I can I`m going to fish the K.G.&E. dam on the Neosho river. Maybe if I can get there I`ll fish the low water dam at Neosho falls, on the neosho river.

20. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    were is that? by down towards ottwa?