Where's the Catfish?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by gebudjr, Aug 8, 2006.

1. gebudjr

gebudjr New Member

State:
    Arizona, Tuba City
    I'v been fishing this small lake in N.AZ., this small lake has been stocked by game and fish dept with channel cat. At the begining of summer I regularly caught 4 to 6 pound holdover fish, with some small stocker's in between. Lately the summer rains have hit hard and water leve has risen at least a foot and a half.(note: notice the same thing last summer). My question, is the run off having affect on fish bitting? if so how long after the last run off should I make another attempt af fishing.

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Usually run off is good for catfishing. My best advice is to find a good spot where the run off is coming into the lake and fish that location, the catfish will stalk prey in the muddy run off water. Also when the water is up some, don't fish as deep as you usually do, fish closer to the bank.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    treddinwater has given good advice ,thats exactly what i was goin to say . best of luck and welcome to the BOC

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah Rick pretty much summed it up for ya Welcome to the BOC

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah welcome.. tis place is great as you will soon find out... but i would also fish close to vegitation.. ( tall grass in the water.. )

6. gebudjr

gebudjr New Member

State:
    Arizona, Tuba City
    for all the reply's. I will try fishing around the inlet. The inlet is wide and shallow, about a foot deep and hundred yards long. Shore line is thick with Timrask(sp), and I don't own a boat. Any suggestions?

7. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    read up on balloon rigs, will set you up right.