Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,658 Posts
I grew up on the west fork it may not have the biggest but is always great to fish it when I go home also liked the Hughes or little hughes around North Bend growing up .For cattin that is ....I have favorite trout and smallmouth destinations as well .

· Registered
61 Posts
i have heard good things about burnsville lake but never fished it. i live across the big O about 15 minutes from parkersburg. i like to fish at bellville locks and dam on the big O on the westvirgina side.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
If you are looking for quantity of good eating-sized channel cats, then you can't beat Mt. Storm Lake. There are no limits imposed (creel or possession) on catfish caught on this lake, and they are so numerous that you can catch them one after another as the sun goes down.

The story goes that a couple of fishermen fished forty pounds of chicken livers, catching so many catfish that they quit counting, all from early evening to sundown. Search the archives and you'll find the post itself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.