where's the bait?

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by bigmaac73, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Anybody know where I can find a mess of mullett right now. If not, what other baitfish are ya'll using right now? I am in the fort walton/pensicola area. I like to use mullett, the cats love them, but I cant seem to find any right now. Any other baitfish catchable right now? The oilyer the better. really any saltwater or freshwater baitfish would be good right now. I am itching to go out, but don't know where to get my bait.

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Do you have any apartments around you anywhere? I sometimes go to them to fish in their ponds. Usually lots of bream and shiners. Also, a buddy of mine set some lines last week with crawdads and tore up the channels. Good luck...

3. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    good info, thanks

4. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    Don't know where you are in Florida. Go to a public boat launch / park at night and throw your cast net. Your sure to catch some bream and shad and mud minnows. I go out just past Geneva on HWY 46 to I think its C S Lee Park. Anyways its the 2nd bridge after passing the back way to New Smyrna. Hope this helps. Oh thats the St. Johns river by the way.