where's some good spots

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by 32#fishnamedjoe, Dec 30, 2007.

1. 32#fishnamedjoe

32#fishnamedjoe New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live a fair ways from any big water. The closest i've got is Brookville or maybe the white river. But it looks kinda small, can anyone tell me some good spots on the white, say close to anderson. I'm in Winchester.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ever try summit or the three rivers north of you? i know they all have cats. don't let the size of the water fool you man. go look at Google earth for access sights and test them out. take note of where the feeder creeks/ditches are and the bends in the river and get to the ones you can. sorry, but your too far south for me to help ya on where bud.

good luck

3. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Tim is correct. Summit is a very good cat lake with channels and flatheads. Ive fished the missassinawa river some near the resivore and have had luck but i havnt fished them enough to give you some good spots, deep holes and bends are where i had my luck.
    If you dont fish brookeville much i can give you some pointers. I know the water like the back of my hand and have spent many years fishing it.
    Good luck and keep your lines tight and drags screaming!!

4. jimd46902

jimd46902 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Are there good Flatheads in Brookville? I had a guide there tell me they were there but so few they were not worth fishing for..... maybe keeping them for himself huh?...LOL.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Joe,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Winchester sort of close to Dayton? There's a few hardcore catfish guys from Dayton. Go on the Ohio board and there's some nice fellas that would gladly help you.

6. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    I mostly catch my flathead in the north end of brookville around quakertown and the causeway. I've even caught them in the river where it comes into the lake, Theres lots of log jams to fish there.

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the white alot... the biggest flat i have caught is 52 pounds... around the Martinsville area... i pull some big ones out of there from time to time... so dont let the white fool ya

8. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Try the white river. My avatar is photo proof they exist. That one came from indianapolis broodripple park ramp area. Just dont em!!! good luck !:0a23:

9. bill lookabill

bill lookabill New Member

State:
    indiana
    white river is small but full of fish. try log jams work good for me and my crew

10. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Brookville and Summit both have lots of big catfish in them. I have caught 15lb channels and 20lb blues out of Brookville (supposedly there are no blues in there...I know better). At Summit, there is a bait shop nearby that has some pics of monster cats that came out of Summit. I personally have never caught any big ones there, but have seen other people catch some really nice fish.