wheres postbeetle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    anybody know whats going on. i have a feeling he is just hiding in the shadows, waiting for something to happen.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Must be on a beer run.

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

He's DEFINITELY watching us!!!! (look below)

4. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    havent heard from him in a few days. i know its snowing and what not, but even so, thats one he!! of a beer run. lol

5. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    so i see he is. come out of the shadows and give us some of your wisdom John.

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice to see your obstinate face young feller. Missed ya, you been playing war over in HI.

I don't hide Joe, camoed maybe, don't hide. Always better to stick your neck out where folks can see ya. You hide too long and it gets to be a habit. Gotta draw fire so the snipers can go to work.

Got that story put together for ya. It will be titled "Tough Vs Mean, Don't give 'em anything to grab." Joe, tell me 3 things a smaller guy could do when he gets inside the reach of a bigger guy? Always got to get inside. If you can't you might as well turn and run or take the punishment. Actually there are more than 3 but I have 3 I will describe. Winds are blowing some sand around just now so I'll restrain my words for just a bit.

You be careful out there. What is in front of you is a snap. What's behind you can be the one you don't hear.

Say hello to your Missus for me. Will catch up to you in a variety of places,

John.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Yep Big George Gota be a BEER Run!!! LMAO. J.D.:wink:

8. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    good to see you getting back into the fray, John. as far as a smaller guy getting inside the reach of a bigger guy, there are numerous things that can be done to cause intense damage. the first is wicked strikes to the femoral nerves. those will incapacitate pretty much anyone, takes your legs right away from you. then there are the kidneys and solar plexus strikes, those can do quite a number on you as well. anything to the abdomen and legs is very bad in a stand up fight. big guys may be strong and tough, but little guys are wiry and fast.

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes, inside the bar is a lot better than standing outside. The sky may fall on you.

I always liked the drive through shots. Major mistake, seen guys do it too much, when they don't follow through the contact point. They make contact and stop. Just makes 'em madder. Like shooting bird on wing, ya gotta bead, lead and follow. Same thing applies to fights. See it, bead it, blast it and follow through. Make it mentally come out the other side. I always thought when getting into one of those things, three places, unless I was so mad I just waded in. Xyphoid process, groin, and knees. Tough when you are getting scalped. Man I gotta tell you that story. It won't have any religion in it and it definitely won't be political. Maybe gatorgirl can edit for me.

Thanks for looking me up SSGT. Nancy is coming home on iced roads now, got to put a beacon out for her. She wants pasta tonight. Got to go pick some tomatoes. John.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John, ya gotta neutralize their reach advantage by getting inside, and staying inside. Get him to the ground if possible. You will get hit, but hopefully will remain conscious. Never move away from power, or you will find the power zone, and you will fall victim to a KO. Gotta move into it, but in an indirect manner. Dirty boxing. Control the opponents head in the mauy thi clinch, while stomping his feet, knees to the thigh (or anywhere else they might land), and continuous strikes to the head and face. Short elbows to the face are effective for opening up a wound. Above the eyes is great because then they can't see.

LOL, I watch too much fighting on TV. I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds.

Who ya gonna beat up?

11. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    you know Kat you are right about the muay thai clinch. it works when you know how to use it. for those who dont know how to use it correctly, it can get you hurt pretty bad. if you try to clinch me and dont do it right, i am going to upercut you in the chin or throat, then its game over. knees to the legs work great, but you also have to remember, my legs are longer and that means my knees will go higher, so think about that as well. as far stomping my feet, thats why i wear steel toes. and elbows to the face have thier advantages, but while you are trying to elbow my face, i am looking for an opening, usually to your ribs, kidneys or solar plexus. when you arm is high at my face, my arm is going to be trying to break your ribs.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    John do you got neighbor problems or is the guy at the bar hogging the pool table. maybe bigfoot has finally showed up around your place or could it be those red tail hawks are back for revenge, just dont get in the water with that monster fish you missed with that rifle. Whatever it is , have Nancy video tape the results. I hear studying videos helps for the next encounter.

All advice is good. It gives you plenty of options.

Tuck and duck, bob and weave, get in close and take out the knees.
    Hit the nose, water up the eyes, that blinds em for the next big surprise.
    Left, left, left right left, give your all, give it your best, your being put through a manly test.
    If you get rapped up, cant move at all, you still got teeth to bite with in that fight.
    Its dirty pool to take out the jewels but as a last result that brings a nice assault.
    If that dont work run like a squirt, you'll find and equalizer that makes a good re-sizer.
    When all else fails, use your face, sooner or later they slow their pace
    Their knuckles swell and hurt like H###, you made your point, stay out of jail
    When in the right a W is a W no matter how you get it, at the end of any fight.
    Now get out there John , dont back down, if you do you will feel like a clown.

O well, it sounded good as I type it. :roll_eyes:

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Blizzard is over here, now just cold, 6 below and a wind chill of 37 degrees below zero. Kinda like the story I am gonna tell ya Joe. A cold story, a true story, just a story about a day in my life. A reality story. One some folks won't like, but they always got the rat button and I am sure if it is a real problem the Pope will tell me. This story is for you and not about you Joe. In no way do I want you to interpret it that way. This is just you and me setting on the bank waiting for a rod to go down.

This I know will be a two part story. Our little dog Tommy just had a seizure and at some point I will have to go tend to him again. It won't be two part for any dramatic reason, just the fact that there might be more important things than this story.

Spring 1967:

The phone rings at 2:00 A.M. in our little married student housing apartment. A converted WWII quonset, with 3 rooms. I had just been to bed an hour. I had a test in Clinical Sciences that morning and I really needed the sleep. It was my brother in the jail in Iowa City.

"John, I am in jail, just been sewed up, and can't get out without bail. I am tapped. Can you come down and spring me? I don't want the folks to find out." Didn't even think twice. "If I can find the money I'll be there." This was nothing unusual for my brother and I. If we got in trouble we were there for each other. If my parents knew the things they never knew before they went to their graves about the two of us they would have disowned us.

We, the first two out of five, grew up together. A year apart living in the boonies, all we had was each other. After work was done, we went out to kill something or would try and kill each other. BB gun fights, Bow and Arrow fights, Egg fights, Jousting fights on top of a 50' barn to see if we could knock each other off, beating each other with dead chickens, whipping each other with dead Bullsnakes, pitchfork fights (3 tine, 5 tine, cob forks) (got a good scar in my left leg where he javelined me with a 3 tine when I was running from him), sword fights with corn knives, normal stuff for us. He was an inch taller than me and out weighted me by 35 lbs. What we didn't do to ourselves we did to other kids or teased the He$$ out of our poor Mother.. Today, the libs would have put us in a hospital and tubed us with every psycho drug you could find. They would have arrested our parents and burned them at the stake for child neglect.

We backed each other in every thing we did. Nobody screwed with us. Sports were a special thing for us. Dad would let us only go out for one sport a year and we couldn't take the same sport at the same time, somebody had to be home to do chores. My senior year and his Junior we talked Dad into letting us go out for football at the same time. The coach love it. We both played both ways, but on defense he put me at def. rt. guard and put my brother at middle linebacker. Two little guys put together to make one big guy. Nothing got through us, when I hit 'em he hit 'em harder and vice versa. In films there wasn't a tackle made at that hole that both of us weren't in together. The coach loved it. They pulled guards and tackles, ran halfbacks ahead of fullbacks and we plugged it up. He went on with a full boat scholarship to a Junior College for two years at middle linebacker.

My brother was and is a tough man. Not a stupid tough man, just tough. No "Uncles" out of him. He found a way to get around ya. He would make it hurt and then he would stop. None of this mean crap. I hate mean guys. They do what they do because they pick and choose who they are going to do what to. Cowards, as yellow and sick as the color yellow is.

What I was to find out once I got to Iowa City that night is when my brother went from tough to mean. Never saw him do it before and never seen him do it since.

I'll tell ya that later. Tommy is thumping across the floor with a seizure just now. Nancy will be taking him to a Vet Neurologist in Chicago. That'll cost a thousand bucks, but it is one of those things were I have to be tough and let her do it.

Later Joe.

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Back Joe, sorry for the interrupt. Sad thing Joe, the brain. Little Tommy's brain ain't right, and I do love that dog.

Joe, I got down to Iowa City and found the jail. I don't know what truck drivers think about going down a dark road at night, destination hours away. Will have to ask Lionel that. But I thought about a lot of things.

I paid the parking fine and sprung my brother. My brother was one of and still is an original hippie. Not a wanna be fake as so many numbnuts try to be in todays lifestyles, no matter what is the "style" of the day. He taught Timothy Leary everything he knew before Leary knew how to swallow or inhale. My brother was brought out front by a cop and I did a double take. He always had shoulder length long hair and a beard that BG would be envious of. Brilliant red hair that shown in the sun. Half the hair was gone on the back of his head and I saw a suture line running from the back of his right ear down to and across his neck.

We went outside and popped a couple of beers that had rode on the trip with me from Ames and survived to that point. He told me the story.

My brother frequented a bar, he would come in the back and go out he back. When my brother and I drink we do it alone, on a stool and don't talk to anybody but the bartender. Don't talk to anybody, don't scope out tail and leave everybody alone. A big guy, football player from the U of I jostled him. Came back and jostled him again. Time to stand up and recite epitaphs. They squared up and the big guy backed down, turned around with a smile on his face and walked off. Mistake, mistake, when they leave you with a smile on their face they got a plan. My brother should have swung him around by the shoulder and busted him.

My brother continued to drink, telling the bartender his life's plan and walked out the back door to the alley. The big dude was waiting, with that smile on his face. They got into it. The first thing the big guy did was wrap his left fist in my brothers long hair, twisting it around in his fist like a dishrag. He pummeled him. Every move my brother made tightened his scalp. He could feel it tearing on the back of his head. The big guy had him. My brother had to get inside.

Have you ever worn engineer boots?. Pretty things, nice looking, comfortable. Engineer boots have two firing pins. The steel toe, and the corners of the heels. Firing pins have one purpose only. To exert a force to cause a charge to ignite to cause an explosion. My brother needed an explosion. In order to do it he needed to throw his head and body back to get an angle to use one of those firing pins. As much as it hurt and as much as he bled, he leaned back and nailed the guys right knee with one of those firing pins, the heel. Two things happened. His scalp tore loose and the guys knee exploded. The posterior cruciate ligament tore, the patella turned to gravel. The guy screamed and let loose. A round house to the jaw and the guy went down. Fight over.........yes and no. My brother, his blood up and going down his back at the same time turned from tough to mean. He wrapped his paw in the guys shirt, drug him to the curb, put him face down and stomped on the back of his head with those pretty engineering boots. The cops pulled up at the same time. Took 'em to the University hospitals and fixed them up. My brother looking like like a surviver from Custer's last stand appeared in court. The judge dismissed the charges out of self defense, but lectured my brother on the foot to the back of the head.

Wanna fight? Don't give 'em anything to grab.

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Beetle, I'm a movie buff. That scene u just described sounds like the one from American History X w/Edward Norton, and it looked like it hurt in the movie. I know it's just a movie, but man I feel sorry for that guy. I bet he never picked on anybody again, let alone ur brother!!!! Great story....

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    After reading that story and with elections coming up, I just shaved my head. Can never be too prepared.:eek:oooh:

17. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    you know, John, i have had quite a few encounters with guys smaller than me, and none of them turned out to well, one way or the other. i dont like to fight with little guys, and i certainly dont go looking for them. i know how your brother felt, i can definately relate. here is my story.

Me and a buddy (Jasper) went out one night to have a few beers and catch up on old times. He picked me up from the airport as i was coming back from leave, told me to shower and shave and that we were going out. i told him that sounded good and it took me about 25 minutes to get ready. i had gotten back from Afghanistan about 2 weeks before and i hadnt been out for a long while, so it was time for me to do some catching up. we hit a few diffrent places, my old haunts, and i had more than my fair share of beer. for every beer that Jasper had, i had 2 and a shot. i was feeling no pain by the time the bar closed. well out here in Yuma we are right beside the California, so you can drive across the state line and the bars stay open for another hour. well we went to this little dive that is owned and operated by some off the Native americans out here. this place is known as a place where trouble happens quite often. well i am in there, minding my own business. Jasper is a little guy, 5 ft 5 in, philipino from Boston, muscley but not huge, you knwo the type. Jasper is over dancing with one of the local girls, i am doing a good job just standing up, when out of nowhere this little tiny guy ran and jumped up and punched me in the face. now you need to realize that i had not talked to anyone since we walked in, i was just standing there drinking my beer. and ths guy took a running start and jumped up to hit me in the face. it didnt hurt, just barely moved my head and i didnt even spill a drop of beer. jasper saw this and ran over asking what the he!! happened. this little tiny guy goes and runs and hides in a group of his buddies. i walked over and this guy about my size stands up and tells me that i dont want to be messing with him, he is a killer, blah blah blah. it didnt take me long to realize what happened. this guy had been put up to it by his buddies. what they didnt realize is that i had been to afghanistan with nothing better to do than hit the gym and contemplate life. the big guy swings at me, hits my shoulder, but by this time i had brought up my leg in a side kick to the inside of his thigh. he staggered back and sat down on one of the stools. his little buddy came running out and started running his mouth again. this guy was freaking tiny. so my buddy jasper asked him if he wanted to pick on someone his own size, and proceeded to show him what 10 years of brazillian ju-jitsu had taught him. by this time the big guy had gotten back up and come back like a train rolling down hill on icy tracks with a strong tail wind. it didnt take much to back him up though. to square shots to the solar plexus and a big shot to the meck and he was doen for the night. about this time the cops showed up and come to find out these guys were wanted for a series of muggings and robberies in the surrounding communities. i went home and have never been back to that bar since.

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Post # whatever. Ain't 1790, ain't 1800, ain't 10,245. Joe, once ya get inside the guy, and you made it hurt, you pull him up and drink a beer together. You might each need each other tomorrow.

Tomorrow always comes. It might not be bright and shiny, and Armor don't mean squat. Somebody always has a bigger gun than you do or more tonnage than you have.

Sunsets only tell us that it is getting dark. Candles will light a room, but the world is what we have to worry about. It is easy to light a pigeonhole, there are many of them. Easily numbered, and located. Like a computer and cookies, like invisible beings, and Popes, like the thoughts of men who pull the strings. Strings can be cut, the puppet can live and the world is a better place. The secret is to be tough and not mean. Mean means you are an animal, and I have known some mean animals. There is always a muzzle that fits them.

19. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This thread has went down one of oldfins dirt roads,LOL
    I like dirt roads cause they almost always end at a place of discovery,
    a place where there is no crowds.
    people make me feel uneasy in the real world,
    for the most part anyway,.
    I love my PC..LOL

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    James, ain't it fun. Really. Seriously.

Dirt roads there aren't many of any more. As good as they were and as good as they can be, this forum is a dirt road, esp. one that has a twist in it. You can get your toes dirty, you can bury your Ford, you can road hunt, you can not see anybody you don't want to have to acknowledge . And if you don't stick your head up, you don't have to contribute. If you want to contribute, there are those who will like that and those that won't. What do you care? Let me know what you think and let me decide whether I agree with you or not. I'll still walk down that road with you. There aren't many of them left.

That's life, that is a new frontier. Your steps are yours, and screw those who don't what to follow you at your side.

Look! There at that pheasant hen! I see 8 babies. I know that coyote is gonna get her. And the grass blows and tomorrow won't make any difference, other than the fact that you saw today.