wheres my sinkers??

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by BassMassey, Aug 17, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    last week I ordered 20lbs of 3 oz bank sinkers off of ebay. The seller worked with me and I got a pretty good deal. He sent me a message and said if he said if mailed in the priority envelope it's risky and I should buy insurance, or I could pay a lil more in shipping and get the priority box and I wouldn't need the insurance. I said ok, lets go with the box. Well i got home today from camping and I see my package. It's a damn empty box with the top of it ripped open? I mailed the seller today and he hasn't replied yet, although I think it's the usps fault anyway. Why would they even forward an empty box? now I'm out 40 bucks and I still don't have any weights to fish with. I hope it all gets worked out, but I think i might be screwed. I checked the sellers reputation on ebay and he had a pretty good reputation, maybe he will make it right......he would get a return buyer for sure if he resolves this all himself. Has anyone had this happen to them? what should i do?

2. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    If the box was obviously torn,I'd contact UPS. Hope you still have the box!!! Oops, I just reread your post and was the United States Postal Service. You're probably S.O.L.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hope you have the box and it's your baby and if you did not buy ins. you just bought and 40.00 empty box. Good luck

P S
    I was an E-Bay seller one time and if you did not buy ins at ck out you lost hope the seller makes it good

4. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    If the buyer told you you wouldn't need insurance with the box he should stand good for it. I reccomend every customer buy insurance most don't but if thier item is lost like yours it is gone. When shipping sinkers i put them in a heavy freezer bag then in the box and they still sometimes burst the box but most of them will get through in the bag.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Seems as though it would be the sellers responsibility to insure the merchandise was adequately wrapped. 20 pounds of sinkers in a cardboard box just doesn't seem to be adequate. If he don't make good, give him the worst feedback you can and contact e-bay also. Lead in OKC cost .75 per pound, so twenty pounds would be $15.00. If you paid a total of $20.00, that guy did not make much of a profit to begin with.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Lawrence on this one. The seller should insure the mdse. is properly packed for shipment.

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i've bought tons of stuff on ebay always received the items although i did contact ebay about an item that was already 5 weeks being delivered guess they got on the seller got my stuff 3 days later with a note saying they forgot to mail it:roll_eyes: hope it all works out for ya

8. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    well I've been chasing these weights all day. I finally got a response from the seller. He pretty much gave me all the shipping info and said good luck, lol. Well my local post master just called me back and she recalled getting two bags with no box. The bags were just as the seller had described what the weights were packed in. The bags had a shipping tag but no postage. She said whatever was in the bags was heavy. Since the bags didn't have proper postage on them ( the postage was on the box) they sent them back to the sender. That's a shame, they made it to the post office just 5 miles down the road then sent them all the way back to florida? what kind of sense does that make. I'm currently trying to contact the seller to tell him the weights should be on the way back to his place......

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i had a similar problem, but it was something i sold. ups damaged it in shipping. i refunded my buyers money and filed a claim with ups. i took pics, and they paid my claim. if you maintain it was damaged in shipping, they will work with you.

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    The seller just called me, he said his post office contacted him and said they had two bags returned without any postage on them. I can't beleive they sent them all the way back, they made it as close as 5 miles down the road from my house! Oh well, I'm just glad they're accounted for, I can wait a couple more days. I'm just glad I'm not out 40 bucks.......

11. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Aaron, I have not had that happen but I did have my ID stolen twice and quite ebay. Last time, I was selling a Polaris Ranger that I did not even know I had. When I contacted ebay, Nothing they could do. I closed my account and have not used it since. I wish you luck..

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <If the buyer told you you wouldn't need insurance with the box he should stand good for it.>

THAT is the KEY!
    BB in SC

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <The seller just called me, he said his post office contacted him and said they had two bags returned without any postage on them. I can't beleive they sent them all the way back, they made it as close as 5 miles down the road from my house! Oh well, I'm just glad they're accounted for, I can wait a couple more days. I'm just glad I'm not out 40 bucks.......<>

I just saw this! Good job getting on top of it QUICKLY, Aaron! Hope you get 'em soon!
    BB in SC

14. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Whew, happy it worked out for you. :smile2: I thought you were way out of luck. Nice to see a happy ending.

15. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Finally got my weights today.......20 pounds of 3 oz er's ......i guess the hurricane held it up a lil too......lol

16. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Better late than never! 40.00 dollars for an empty box would suck!!!

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    You had me worried for a minute Aaron.