Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I live in Wichita Falls.Fish Arrowhead most bof the time.Like lake Petrolia.Realy I just like to fish anywhere.
Lake Petrolia ?
Hell I didn't know they had a lake in Petrolia! I thought all they had up there were pretty girls and bulls that eat shirt tails! With or without you wearing it! Ha Ha!
Keep ya stepping!

Mic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lake Petrolia ?
Hell I didn't know they had a lake in Petrolia! I thought all they had up there were pretty girls and bulls that eat shirt tails! With or without you wearing it! Ha Ha!
Keep ya stepping!

Mic
Well its not to big a Lake but has some good cats.Havent caught many there but all were over 8lbs.The biggest 13.Not bad for channel cats.And they sure have some pretty girls and mean bulls.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hey dean the group of guys from the Graham area is a good bunch looks like we may need to have a get together sometime here soon for this area

·
Registered
12 Posts
Northeast Texas myself…grew up fishing Tawokoni, SabineRiver, Cooper Lake, Lake Fork, and WolfCity Lake. After move I now mostly fish Cypress Springs Lake, Bob Sandlin, andLake O’ the Pines (northwest side).

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. I really dont have a place to catfish down here. The Rio Grande river is too dangerous.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'm in the Rio Grande Valley. I really dont have a place to catfish down here. The Rio Grande river is too dangerous.
I'll tell you some places that are sure over looked is irragation cannels. Some of them down that a way aint been drained since they were built back in the 30's! Shad as big as a pound are not hard to find! Get you some and put them on the bottom and you will get hooked up!
I got a buddy that fishes a cannel just above Eagle Pass that waters about 200 acres of Pecan Trees. I have seen some of his strightened hooks. He keeps them as trophys!

Good Luck to ya!

Mic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mic, I’m impressed but not surprised. I lived on the southwest side of San Antonio a yror two back and I could randomly drive some back roads (usually south or west)and find deep holes with water in them during middle of the summer…from the backroads. Sometimes I tried to fish them and had a little luck, but I had a feelingif someone knew the area they could catch some big cats! Gills and ect wereTHICK and BIG. Makes me happy that people around Eagle Pass can land some BigUns!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Mic, I’m impressed but not surprised. I lived on the southwest side of San Antonio a yror two back and I could randomly drive some back roads (usually south or west)and find deep holes with water in them during middle of the summer…from the backroads. Sometimes I tried to fish them and had a little luck, but I had a feelingif someone knew the area they could catch some big cats! Gills and ect wereTHICK and BIG. Makes me happy that people around Eagle Pass can land some BigUns!!
They are there Coach!
They are there. Some of those canals were built back in the first depresion and ain't been drained since. They hold bigens that don't have to work just too hard to eat.

I was born in Plasanton. Just below SA. There is some good fishing in them small rivers. Rio Grand perch are great eating and better bait!

Good luck to ya!

Mic

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in College Station.Enjoy fishing Gibbons Creek&Somerville lake.THe Brazos river isnt bad either.Big flatheads there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I live in College Station.Enjoy fishing Gibbons Creek&Somerville lake.THe Brazos river isnt bad either.Big flatheads there.
Hey Dan,
Is there any flatheads in Somerville ?

I can't seem to find anyone that knows. Lots of Blues, channels and crappie, but no info on flatheads.

Mic

·
Registered
837 Posts
hey mic, in the spring fish near the mouth of yegua, cedar, and nails creek. just barely up in the creeks and you will get a few. i am out at high grove until thursday if you are driving by, stop in. i am going fishing after that for a while.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts