Where's everyone going for Labor Day?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishmerle, Aug 26, 2008.

1. catfishmerle

catfishmerle New Member

State:
    Liberty, MO
    Just wondering where everyone is going Labor Day weekend. We're headed down to Talley Bend.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Cabelas King Kat at Point pleasant, WV!!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    headed for port oconnor texas for sharks,flounder,and redfish.

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Will be at Seneca Lake, Ohio. Not to fish but to roast a pig for our annual pig roast. This will be the 5th year for this event. We roast it at one of the camp grounds and all the people there bring a covered dish. Some good eats to be had for sure and lots of nice people to chat with! No matter where everyone is going or what you are doing enjoy the holiday and please be safe out on the roads and water this coming weekend!!

Attached Files:

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Going dove hunting in Gallatin.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll likely be found slummin around on grand lake in okla. My stash of fillets has reached an all time low:confused2: I been a good egg the past few weeks and shouldn't have too hard a time being granted "yard-leave"

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm gonna split time between the river (about 14 miles from the house) and my couch. Some friends are coming for the weekend and we'll probably spend most of the weekend on the water. I am thinking of a camping spot, though, that I might see if is occupied over the weekend. There might be a fish or two around it and with the evenings as cool as they've been it'd be nice to sit around a fire with good company.

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am off to Branson, But I am taking the boat. My dad really enjoys Drifting Taneycomo for Trout. You ought to the expression on the faces of the trout fisherman in there skinny little drift boats when I roll up in a fully rigged Twenty foot Cat boat. They think its a barge. By the way anyone ever tried Rainbow for Cut Bait? :crazy: Calm Down T. I know that would not be legal. But then again they are Smelly little suckers! :smile2: I will have to ask catfishscotty, I bet he would Know. LOL

Good Luck, Be Safe

9. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    goin to thomas hill to see if i can pull in some big flatty's!!!!!!

10. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The short answer, "FISHING". I just got back from Florida a week ago, and for this Holiday I am staying home. On top of that it is my daughters 8th birthday this Friday, so probably Chuck E Cheese!:009:

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm thinking about heading up to Bagnell or out on the Missouri. The crappie are biting really well at Bagnell right now so I'm thinking I need to go stock the freezer up with some crappie fillets. :roll_eyes:

12. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    PARTY COVE!!!

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You got room in your boat Steve.?. :smile2::crazy::smile2:

14. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    TAKE A LOT OF PICS!!!

15. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes trout is dam good bait just like crappie my favorite live bait is that is tuff as nails is a 6 inch white bass . becarefull using trout fillets as cut bait lots of tiny bones :wink:

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Im stringing up beads right now.....:009::dribble::haha:

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a fine time to invest in a guide.:cool2:

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Heading out to a local lake. Military rents out cabins so the wife, kids, myself and a few friends are going to spend the days at the cabin and nights on my buddy's pontoon looking for flatties!

19. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Sweet bro! yeah im doing the same except for channels no flatties over here looking forward to some good mountain air...I also am hitting the mendota slough on 8/29 for some fun time cattin!

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Heading out to my brothers house for the weekend. He lives out in St. Clair on the Meramec River and my family has a reunion/Pig Roast every year. Everyone brings food, LOTS of beer and a big old freekin Pig. We have a a big bon-fire Saturday night and Sunday night.....Lots of fun for all! Usually takes me till Wednesday to recover from the weekend :smile2: