Where's all the BAIT?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, May 6, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My cast net has been coming up empty. I was out the other day and no bait was at my usual spot. Just a couple usless shiners, and a weird chub-looking minnow (about 10" long) but nothing else. Does anybody know where the bait might be? Spawning late because of the freeze we had a month ago...or what else would keep them out of their usual spot? My catfishing, gar fishing and FW drum fishing depends on my blunt-nose sucker-minnows with greenish-black guts. They smell so bad but I am so used to the smell because that's all I ever use. Would anybody know more about baitfish than me?

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    we have been pulling shad and perch outta the eddies below or spillway here. It is unusaul for me to be able to catch them this way since i am not use to having enuff water to create current to create the eddies

3. flathead man

flathead man New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just mover to western ohio late last fall so i didnt get to do any catfishin dose anybody know of some good spots on indian lake in oh? went out last nightgot a 20''plus channel cat and abought 6 big bullheads all bought 1 1/2 lbs if we had flatheads in the lake id be useing them for bait but everyone tells me indian lake is devoid of flatties. I fished the creek at moundwood last night from 7 to 10pm and that was all i caught thought someone might know a better spot or bait other than nightcrawlers and moundwood ? Any info will help thax guys.. Oh if anyone is fishing the cripple creek cat tournment ill be back in my home town (harrison/guernsey) co. for that tournment the weekenk of the 19th this month takeing my g-friends dad to get some flatties we hope know some good water up there so ill post my outcome when we get back ... thax guys.. flathead man