Where's all the BAIT?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, May 6, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

My cast net has been coming up empty. I was out the other day and no bait was at my usual spot. Just a couple usless shiners, and a weird chub-looking minnow (about 10" long) but nothing else. Does anybody know where the bait might be? Spawning late because of the freeze we had a month ago...or what else would keep them out of their usual spot? My catfishing, gar fishing and FW drum fishing depends on my blunt-nose sucker-minnows with greenish-black guts. They smell so bad but I am so used to the smell because that's all I ever use. Would anybody know more about baitfish than me?
  2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

Waco, Texas, Un
    we have been pulling shad and perch outta the eddies below or spillway here. It is unusaul for me to be able to catch them this way since i am not use to having enuff water to create current to create the eddies

3. flathead man

flathead man New Member

I just mover to western ohio late last fall so i didnt get to do any catfishin dose anybody know of some good spots on indian lake in oh? went out last nightgot a 20''plus channel cat and abought 6 big bullheads all bought 1 1/2 lbs if we had flatheads in the lake id be useing them for bait but everyone tells me indian lake is devoid of flatties. I fished the creek at moundwood last night from 7 to 10pm and that was all i caught thought someone might know a better spot or bait other than nightcrawlers and moundwood ? Any info will help thax guys.. Oh if anyone is fishing the cripple creek cat tournment ill be back in my home town (harrison/guernsey) co. for that tournment the weekenk of the 19th this month takeing my g-friends dad to get some flatties we hope know some good water up there so ill post my outcome when we get back ... thax guys.. flathead man