Where's a good place to crappie fish without a boat?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daniel-delarosa, Jan 9, 2010.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    My son is wanting to go crappie fishing. Too cold to take the boat out. Is there anywhere you can fish off a dock and catch crappie?

2. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Have you ever fished on the unsinkable molly brown dock in the fountian head marina?

Foggy:glasses-cool:

3. Mudbug007

Mudbug007 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You can try the heated dock at Lake Eufaula State Park (formally known as Fountainhead State Park), it's located at the Marina, just follow the signs off of Hwy 150.

Or you can try the heated Dock at Belle Star. It's on the East side of Hwy 69. I was there two weeks ago and the water was a little dirty. I like it to be a little clearer.

Don

4. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    http://www.cra ie.com/cra ie/oklahoma-cra ie-fishing/80292-heated-docks.html

try this thread out.
    LOL , it wouldn't put cra ie.com on this thread. Fill in the blank on the link to the thread.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I copied and pasted the whole string and it came back with a 404 error

Foggy

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i dont know OK but i wish you luck on your search for the illusive Crappie. they are a lot of fun to catch and good eating also.

7. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Are those heated docks very crowded?

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Daniel, there is another one at keystone - Pier 51
    Another one up in Claremore at Claremore lake
    Also Skiatook has one - can't remember the name of the marina it's at though. Its on the south side of Highway 20 west of Skiatook though.

We have had good luck at all 3. And the crowds depend on the time of day and day of the week.

9. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Were is pier 51 located?

10. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    From Keystone dam head west towards Manford and its on the right just at the top of the hill you will see the sign before you get to the y at 51 hwy.

Foggy :glasses-cool:

11. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Daniel; I would advise BelleStarr, it's open thur. / fri. / sat. / sun. 7:00am to 5:00 pm. It has been the best so far this year, it has the best water of the docks on Eufaula so far this year.

12. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    To the best of my knowledge the one at skiatook was closed to the public. The person I talked to said that it would not be reopened to the public at all. I heard that oolagah has had some good crappie fishin on the north end of the lake. I went saturday and had no luck at all on the south end of the lake . And to answer the question as to if the docks get busy yea the do