Whered they go?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by WHISKER BENDER, Aug 20, 2006.

1. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Just joined!I fish alot in the neuse in and around Johnston & Wayne counties.The same holes tha have always produced big fish,are no longer holding them.There's not much shallow activity either.Anybody have any tips?

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Preston, Welcome to the Brotherhood. We are glad to have you in the family so just make yourself at home. There will be some Carolina boys along in a minute that will answer you questions.

st

3. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Welcome to the BOC Preston. Glad to have you aboard. Maybe those cats have gone up to "The Little Brown Jug" in SmithField to get some relief from this heat. Thats that small watering hole up on main street near the boat ramp !

4. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.I know exactly wher the jug is and it doesn't sound like a half bad idea right now.Come on Oct!!!!:crazy:

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the BOC Preston! Always great to see another member join in NC.

Catfishing is off up this way too lately. Guess those cats just don't like these dog days of summer. :big_smile:

6. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    hey preston. I fish the Neuse from Smithfield to Goldsboro. The high water that we had has changed the river completely in some spots. We have had alot of luck this summer on the Neuse. We fish any big log jam. It might only be 2ft deep but there are catfish holding in them. My friend caught his personal best,62# this spring in Smithfield right past the highway 301 bridge theres a log jam to the left and it was only 3ft deep. But be careful the river is only 6inches deep for about 1 mile past I-95 bridge.

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Welcome to the Brotherhood, Preston. The fishing has been off in a lot of areas this summer. Good fish are still being caught, but not in large numbers. Case in point, Ryan's 55# flathead.I'm guessing it's the heat and wierd weather we are having. But the temps are definitely coming down and they will turn on pretty soon. And when they do, they are gonna be real hungary.

8. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Usually picks up in September in the holes I fish. Maybe the same for you. Good luck.