Where'd The Catfish Go

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WHISKER BENDER, Aug 20, 2006.

1. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    The holes and parts of the rivers that fish usually hold big fish and good numbers.I can't find em.I had a great start to the season with my biggest Blue to date (26.3),but after that real good shad run,it's been real hard fishin.Any ideas?

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Am a thinking they all followed the geese when they headed north. Haven't caught anything in the past 3 Friday nights.

3. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    It's a tough gig here lately.

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I think there was a memo that went out stating that all catfish were not biting untill the rains came and the heat left. I hope so because I may have to resort to housework if they dont start biting soon.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The fish are still there and they are feeding more than ever due to the higher temps and their higher metabolism.

Feeding times are greatly shifted in the summer from the fall and spring as are the locations of where the fish can be found.

We fished Saturday and caught 21 in the morning and then fished again twelve hours later and caught 14. The prime feeding times were well defined and it probably pays to try to work around those. The bad part if that this means you have to spend some time on the water or have contact with some folks who do. Those times shift a little each day and they are affected by weather factors.

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They got Hot and decided to head anywhere but here for the remainder of the summer.

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
  8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I did ok yesterday morning though nothing over 7 pounds i did manage to catch a few, 9, from about 6 am until 10 am.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Old Fokes in ms yous`t say it way because of being dog days:big_smile: :big_smile:

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Try at different depths and maybe drifting.