Where'd everybody go?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by eyeguy, Aug 19, 2008.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I have been watching the site for Michigan and it seems that everybody has disappeared. I hope you are all still fishin cats. The Mrs. and I went back to the backwaters of the Big Manistee and have been doing great. Over the weekend we caught seven in the 3 to 6 pound range. A friend and his wife camped for the weekend as well and they caught six, two of which were caught by his wife. These were the first cats she had caught in four trips so she was really excited. The fish are still in the shallows and right in the weeds. Food of choice seems to be chicken liver. A couple fish were caught by others on small bluegills but for the most part liver is the ticket. It has been difficult for me not to be heading for Tippy Dam as I am certain there are salmon there, but these cats are soooooooo good and there is no crowd to contend with, we're stickin with the cats for now.
    Anybody out there?
    eyeguy

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great to hear that you are catching some good fish! Feel free to use the ohio board!! always welcome

3. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks and I probably will as Michigan users seem to be either fishing for salmon or getting ready for hunting seasons. I am fairly new to catin but it seems they will be like other large fish and begin putting on the feedbag before the cold weather starts. We plan to fish at least till the bow season starts the first of October and we may fish during the day or after dark then. We have done well this summer and have enjoyed some tasty meals with friends and family because of it. I still need to try some methods from the BOC library just to expand the opportunities. I sure appreciate your comments and consistant use of the site, as there have been no Michigan postings in quite a while.:sad2:
    eyeguy

4. rough surface

rough surface New Member

State:
    michigan
    I am very sad to see the Michigan forum is dead in the water. Maybe everybody has other things going on.

5. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    For those Michigan people starving for contact on BOC try the Ohio site. I have been watching their posts and made a few replies myself. They are friendly and very active.
    As for Michigan, I almost feel stupid for posting here but: :confused2:the wife and I spent the past weekend chasing cats and we did manage to land four that went 3-5 pounds and we released them all. We have kept plenty for the pan but our goal is to catch something really big either a cat or northern pike so turning these back actually felt good. The pike just didn't cooperate both of us cast every type of pike lure I own and never even had a follow. We got into a few smallmouths and she had fun with that but no northerns. We even put minnows under a bobber on two rods while fishing for cats and did have one bite but no take. The minnow was scaled so we figure it was a small northern.
    We expect fishing to just get better with fall being the best time for large northerns and maybe even a big ole cat.
    eyeguy

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Ya'll come on down here to Georgia. Plenty of action! :big_smile:

7. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    I have been wondering myself where all the Michigan cat fishers are i posted a thread in the rivers section and aint seen much replys on the action there.:sad2: also ks has alot of BOC members check it out great place to read and meet new brothers.:cool2:

8. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    Yea, I moved to Texas about 17 years ago. I still think about you yankees though:cool2:

9. CatfishingFreak

CatfishingFreak New Member

State:
    Michigan SW
    Just got signed up and ready to post! I'm in SW Michigan (Allegan Co). Here's a couple pics for ya. Nothing real big but it's still fun catching them. Heck even the wife likes to catfish! WooHoo!
    Don
    Wife
    [​IMG]
    Me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    kids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]