Where'd all the biggin's go? HELP!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by rednecksportsman511, Oct 13, 2005.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    Here's the story. I live on a private lake here in Bham where we have BIG blues. i found a live one washed up at 45 lbs or so. (see pic). i usually fish off a dock in one to three ft deep water-b4 u have an anurism, i fish there cuz i can see them. durin the summer, ill see four or five blues no less than 4lbs. each circlin under the feeder. i routinely see 10+lbers.

but tonight ~early fall, but the temp's unusually warm low-mid 80's~ there was just a single 4 or 5 lber swimmin around. me and my bud both touched the thing on the head, and i coulda grabbed him by his lip he got so close. my buddy (i was lettin him do all the fishin) hooked him twice and then got a nice bass.

BUT WHERED ALL THE BIGGINS GO?????? its not like the water temp's down much. can anyone help me out here?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

either someone caught them are the were spawning could have even found a better food source.

3. lock52_fisherman

lock52_fisherman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Alot of times the'll come up in the shallow water at nite to feed, but if the water is too hot and they have plenty of food in the deeper water that is were they will stay:boss:

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    They will be where the food is. Just like me.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    John that is one nice piece of bait you are holding there!!!

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Try fishing at night and right before daylight.

7. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think you may be out of luck if you stay on the pier. Try to borrow a small boat and hit a few holes out in the deeper water. The blues will follow the food now that the spawn is over for most species the food will be in the cooler deeper waters. Just a thought.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am surprised that you don't really know the answer to that question. Every since I was a small boy, it has been stressed in my meager life that everything in Texas is bigger - so, obviously thats where all your big fish have gone.

9. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Find the thermocline in the lakes and you will find the cats. No pro but that is what works for me.

10. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    there in my freezer.lol jocking i do better before sunrize in the summer