Where You headed When Winter Breaks

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kawriverrat, Jan 8, 2010.

1. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    What place are you all planning to fish first when this winter " FINALLY" leaves ?

Me, a little stretch about 100 yards long thats between the Bowersock & 4-35:Happy:
    Not fished it in some time & it has been on my mind for a while this winter.

How about the rest of you? Any certain water been making you itch during this cold spell?

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Lake manawa in Iowa and the little siox river...I want to get down to table rock and the ozarks as well..I hope to get to fish with some local BOC brothers and I want to hit to oll miss...but that aint gonna happen ill be shocked if i get to go out there..and three mile lake in creston iowa..

3. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Probably Big Blue River downstream from Tuttle Creek Outlet around the
    railroad bridge near Hwy 24. Or the Tuttle Creek Outlet itself on the east side.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Im itchin to go after some blues and crappie but I will take what I can get. I will be goin to Ok soon to get my license and I will probably fish Kaw Lake. I like to fish alot of different places and I have found some new places to try this year. I prefer rivers but I also like the state lakes(no jets skis, free camping, etc.):smile1: and a few of the big lakes. I cant wait for the water to warm up. I will fish in the cold, I just wont touch the ice.:bad:
    Most likely the first place will be my local rivers, but when the ice is gone, or thin enough to bust, Im going to be everywhere.:biggrin:
    Hopefully spring comes early and the fish are hungry.:pig::eat:

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    My plan is Milford. I would like to have a set of twins for my avatar. Like twin 40's.:Stars: Thanks for the insperation Jay.:smile-big:

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    My plan is Milford. I would like to have a set of twins for my avatar. Like twin 40's.:Stars: Thanks for the insperation Jay.:smile-big:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    :time-out:Sorry double clicked.

8. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    435 dam for some big channel cat to start off the season and then off to truman for crappie and then to my pond in my back yard lol

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Milford for sure for me. The fishing is starts warming up in March and is red hot by May.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I will be in shallow,shallow water as soon as the ice comes off the res in NE Kansas.

11. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    Eldorado lake for me.. unless there is no water in the creeks or the spillway isnt releasing. then ill hit butler lake for some big channels.. I cant wait for spring though i got a nice lil place where the white bass run up the creeks and you can sit for a few hours and catch upwards of a hundred fish =P..

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I plan to do some ice out fishing with winter killed shad for channels just as soon as it starts melting. 30-40 degrees and windy as heck! If I hit right I'll be nailing the channels!

13. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    I am thinking I will spend alot of time in the wakefield and sundance areas after the ice melts.

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Two pretty good choices there Troy..Might be a few us bumping boats together in these areas....:waving::waving:

15. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Probably Old Town and points north.

:baffled:

16. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sounds good Tom, its nice to have good company. I think Melvern will be like Milford was about 7 years ago when we were catching 20 lbers was a pretty regular thing. I just hope they put them back and we dont see a bunch of trotlines up there.

17. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Up the cottenwood river above Marion resv, crappie, white bass, wipers, and some:cool: nice channels

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I think your right Troy.Melvern is going to get good for some nice blues in the coming yrs.

I dont think it gets a lot of pressure from line's except from some locals.

But it's alwas seen that from clear back to the mid 70's.

19. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    I always plan to start out fishing a certain north bank on Pomona res. for some eater catfish :good: but really:dont-know: anywhere open water and conditions feel right for me is when and where i go.

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Then Bill my avatar pic might look like home to you:act-up: