where yall live

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catoon, Sep 16, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i just moved to whiteville any cat men or women close :roll_eyes:

2. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    catoon
    You are about half way from Memphis to the Tenn river. If you go I40 east to about exit 133 I think ( CUBA LANDING EXIT ) you have just crossed the Tenn. just about anywhere from mouth of Duck river (about 4 miles north of Cuba Landing) back south in the deep water should be great. Just above the I 40 bridge on the east side just before you start in the curve(south) there are some pretty good holes .you'll see some cyprus trees and the north point of that island pointed at a real small island I think with one big cyprus tree. there is a drop off if you can find it toward main channel 35'.
    woo whee....
    Any of the marinas you can get to south of I40 'Decaterville , Crooked creek, Cherokee down to Savanah ,Saltilla you can get to about the same. other than that ,you are still close to the MISS and I don't nothing about it.. Remember the Tennessee River runs north here

3. Jarring2

Jarring2 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm in the process of building a home in Cumberland Furnace now. Look forward to my first trip to Cheatham Dam. Grew up in Milan (West TN) and fished New Johnsonville steam plant quite regularly. Look forward to first time skipjack'n. Grew up on nightcrawler, catalpa worm, and turkey/chicken liver. Every now and then we'd cut up a shad or gill. Never really went chasing the "big fish", always just looking for some meat to put on the table. After running across this site, it makes you want to get ahold of one of them big ones!

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gap and Phil,
    Glad to have you both here on the BOC a Big Welcome from So. Alabama to boath of you

5. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gap,where did you fish around New J-Ville. that's where I was raised and live . I've just started fishing out of Turkey Creek now but always end up back up aroung Trace Creek . catalpa worms man you don't hear about them much anymore