Where ya'll at?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Who all is from iowa...Ya'll are pretty quiet...I know there are quite a few of ya?

2. IAcrankbait

IAcrankbait New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm originaly from NW Iowa(Humboldt area) but now I live in Des Moines.
    I haven't fished in 3 weeks and cabin fever is getting intense!!! I hope to find ice on Big Creek this weekend and will be punching holes or falling in.........see what happens first.

3. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    I am over west of Dubuque on hwy20. I am done till spring ice out. My balance is bad so I stay off of the ice.

4. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    We are deer huntin, just finished cutting up six from last weekend. One of the boys got a nice one !

Attached Files:

5. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Nice deer! They are catching alot of fish through the Ice North of Des Moines. Im out of town but ill check the ice this weekend in Southeast Iowa. Weather.com says 44 tomorrow so that cant be good on things.

6. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    Hey Calvin,
    I'm getting an itch to get the big treble hooks out and try to pull some big ol spoonbills out of the creek... :cool2:
    What do ya think?

7. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    yall arwe lucky...i jave to drive 45 min to snag at the least for good snagging any way...cant snag the mizzo in iowa...but all i have to do is walk 5 minutes from my house and im dropping a line in the mo:confused2::confused2:...I have on got carp and a few drum snagging this year in lakes...hope fully i can get to the little sioux river monday or tues and snag some spoonies:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

8. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey, is that buck already gutted? Was thinking awesome rack, but little body. But then thought maybe you already field dressed it. :roll_eyes:

9. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    The body looks small when the rack is that big .... :wink: actually he was small for the rack he carried, nothing small about the rack ! He only went 155 lbs field dressed. I believe he was a younger buck .
    A true trophy any way you look at it !
    larry

10. little_fiddler

little_fiddler New Member

State:
    Otter Creek, Iowa
    I am from east central Iowa. I fish the Missippi River on pools 12 and 13. I've been away from the BOC the last couple years but am making a return. Come spring time I hope to be able to hook-up with some of you other member to do some fishing in other locations.

11. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I want to fish the ol miss sometime soon...I live about as far west in iowa as paoible...I live litterally a half a block frrom the missouri river:embarassed::eek:oooh:

12. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Sounds like a good idea to me! I think we started getting into them down in Keokuk in late January last year. The ponds and lakes around were about 4 inches thick a little over a week ago. Then we got those warm days. Then the rain. Then all this snow. Looks like their wont be any ice fishing happening down here this year. :angry: Got 2 new poles, a ice fishing tent, propane heater, and a new auger for Christmas. Just my luck. Last year we had 8 inches of Ice before Christmas.

13. little_fiddler

little_fiddler New Member

State:
    Otter Creek, Iowa
    Catfishboy,

You can fish with me if you can make it to Bellevue Ia or Dubuque when the weather warms a bit. I ain't no pro though.

14. mr.catfish

mr.catfish New Member

State:
    Dubuque, Iowa,
    whats up yall im from dubuque iowa we fish on the mississippi cant wait to get out there on the ice hope its ready soon

15. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Mr. Catfish you should be able to icefish where you are at. Where I live theres 5 inches of solid ice. But the edges around the ponds and lakes are very thin. So be careful. I went up to Mount Pleasant to a few ponds today and the edges were real thin also. But the middle was 7 inches of good ice.

Good luck.

16. phishnutz

phishnutz New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Holy Schmoley Calvin, is there any where you don't go? Now you're getting into my stomping grounds. :wink: Born and raised in MP. So did you do any good?

17. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Actually the place in Mount Pleasant is a place I had never tried. Theres 3 ponds. Called Golden ponds? I tried 2 of them. One of them was real deep and I figured id pull out a few gills or something but never got a bite. The other one was real shallow. I didnt try the farthest one to the west. Have you ever tried them ponds? Im open ears on that place!

I did have some pretty good luck today in Macomb Illinois. Caught a bucket full of bluegill on a Firetiger Gill Pill tipped with a GULP wax worm.

18. phishnutz

phishnutz New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Calvin - I've lived here 50 years and I don't have a clue where the heck you're talking about. :confused2: Never heard of Golden Ponds (or anything similar). Got any other clues? lmao

19. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Head west through Mt. Pleasant on the main drag. Theres a camper and car lot place on your right and a Sign that says camping. Turn right, right there. The street is J and J Circle. The ponds are owned by the person who owns somes apartments and stuff right there. I have a family member who lives right next to him so that's how I got permission.

20. phishnutz

phishnutz New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I'll be. You are absolutely right. I believe that place is referred to as Golden pond or something like that. It never even entered my mind since it's pretty much in town, and when you said 3 ponds that really threw me for a loop. Are you getting any shad yet?