Where would you most want to fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by repoman3809, Dec 25, 2008.

1. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Thinking bout taking a break from the daily grind after the holidays. Maybe a catfishing trip.

So my question to you.....what body of water would you most want to catfish?

I'm thinking TN River.:roll_eyes:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You made a good choice. I would say the Ohio, or anywhre the fish are hungry.:big_smile:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    man just throw a toughey out why dont-cha ???(LOL()Man there are so many chioces but right now it would have to be someplace warm cause this ice/snow isnt cutting the cheese(LOL)

4. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Thanks, the Ohio is a very good choice. I'm privileged I only live a few minutes from the Ohio(Cincinnati area). I really havent fished many other major waters though.

5. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I here ya their...course I'm sure its a bit colder in your area.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    id like to go down and fish with ol griz and help him eat the vittles he cooks up while fishin:big_smile::cool2:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No ifs ands or buts about it, If I had the extra money this winter again I would be going back to the James River in VA.! I think it is the best river in the U.S right now to have a chance at a monster blue! However, I haven't fished anywhere else for blues, so I really don't know if thats true or not:big_smile: But, it was the best trip I ever took, and will be back!!:wink: rollo

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well myself being that I live in the middle of KS. I would like to fish the Tenn, Miss,Cumb,Ohio and so on. My plans are to make east this year maybe towards Alton Il. or head down to kentucky.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <or anywhere the fish are hungry.:big_smile:>

Amen, Mickey!! Maybe the Santee/Cooper!

Bill in SC

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm thinking of Patoka Lake in So. IN. I miss the fishing all night thanks to the GAS!!!:angry::angry::angry:

11. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Seems like everytime I hear someone mention the James River, everyone has something good to say about it. Lots of nice fish caught out of the James and if your willing to spend a little extra money you can get a guide on the James. Lots of people think nah I will just take my own boat but think about it. For around 150-200 dollars you drive there without the hassel of a boat, poles and all the necessities. Jump in a guides boat and use all there equipment. Not to mention you may learn something that may really help you in the future. Me and My uncle have thought about doing that before. Jump in the little honda civic and get 40mpg all the way there. Anyways, for water i have fished there is no doubt about it, The Louisville area is my fav!!! We catch monsters every time were there and we don't evan have all that many good spots we know of yet. The tourney a few weeks ago the average fish weight was 35lbs and biggest was 70. We just don't get those numbers around here very often. If your takin your own boat thats where i would pick and the james if you were to get a guide. If we wouldnt have decided to spend the money and go out with a guide a long time ago, we probably wouldnt have caught half the blues we have sense that trip. Best money we ever spent by far!!!!!

Are we all nuts or something, Is it or is it not Christmas??? And what are we doing??? Talking to eachother on the BOC. LOL That is great. I would much rather be chattin with all you fellas than some of my inlaws, I can tell ya that!! Merry christmas you crazy fools!!!

12. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    After reading alot of fishing stories and reports I would have to say the James River! I might just get my wish! We are going to virgina Beach for Madisons National Cheer Comp. at the end of april. I told Val i might fish for a day or two. Im real excited hope it all pans out!

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if i had to pick a spot id say some where below the last dam on arkansas just before it hokks up with the mighty mississippi.if money was no object
    id go to france and fish for wells cat.

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, a guide would make life much easier, and is a great idea. We chose not to, and I took my boat. Yes, we caught some huge fish, but the guys that took a guide had a much better trip. And it is worth the money to learn from them the (ins and outs )as well! If I go back, I still plan on taking my boat again to fish an additional couple days, but I am gonna take a guide one day just for the learning end of it.... BTW, Merry Christmas Robin! :big_smile: rollo

15. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    For sure the James river or the Ohio river in Louisville..Or Kentucky lake...:roll_eyes:

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    either the james or red rivers,both are fantastic fisheries with trophy fish

18. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    couldn't go wrong with tennessee river or maybe some santee cooper would be a lil warmer........

19. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I Would Like to do a buddy trip too the james river.If I had some extra money .Would take a gudie.Ive only went after blues once.My parnter know alot.But we didnt find them that day.

20. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well Randy, The end of april sounds good! :big_smile: Ive been looking around at different guide services and most are around 350.00 a day for two people. They furnish everything! That to me dont sound bad. They pretty much guarantee some great fish!