Where would you fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by harper81, May 12, 2008.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Where would you fish if you had the following circumstances:

1. You have no boat or access to one.
    2. You have a week off so distance is not much of a factor.
    3. You were leaving for Iraq the week afterwards and this is the last time you are going to see a fishing pole for 4 months.

So where would you go?

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i wish i could give you a hot spot to hit before you go to iraq but i do want to thank you for your service and wish you a safe return.

3. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Your that close to Santee.......Id give Captn Ron Howard a call and set up a trip with him. Hes listed in the BOC partners/ guides. Hes good at what he does and will work to put you on fish.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey i just fished with a young man at ozark ar. he had just returned from a one year tour in iraq. he says take your rod with you. apairently many of the army bases and especially the ones around bagdad have places to wet a line. good luck and stay safe.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    if it were me. i would choose Santee Cooper or the James River for the big Blues. to many choices!!:big_smile::big_smile:

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I'll take you fishin one day this week before you head out.Shoot me a pm with your phone number.

7. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thats awesome ChrisBlue I commend you for what you do!! Thats not the first time i've seen you offer up services b4. And thanks harper 81 and all the rest of our military who are defending our great country!!!

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks.Thats the least I can do for somebody that risks their lives to keep us living free and fishing.

9. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Thanks everyone for the advice and appreciation. It means a lot to know some people still support us and what we are doing.

10. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bill
    You ought to take Chris up on that offer........it dont take much looking around on this website to find out hes top shelf

11. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    bill give me a call i can take you an two of your buddies just call i will set it up for free i have open days this wk an next 980-522-1749

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill, I have met Ron but never been out with him and I have been out with Chris and I am sure either one would give you a trip not likely to be forgot to soon, just keep safe and hurry home and thx for all you all do.

13. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    WOW!!! Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the offers. I wasn't trying to make people feel bad into taking me with them, I was just looking for some of those secret holes some of you have and don't share often. But hey if there is a spot available on a boat, believe me I will take it.

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Chris and Ron let me know what you spend on gas etc and I'll pay for it.Cant thank both of you enough for doing it particularly with a son and daughter-in -law currently in Iraq.They will be home along with Paul around the 1st of June and I know Jon will be chompin on the bit to fish.Ron maybe we can do a night trip with Jon and Sonya sometime in late July or so.In any case I'll be down on the 24th and plan to have breakfast at Canal Lakes at 0700 hrs.If you see Tommy please invite him over also.:smile2::big_smile:

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Let me know cause I can take a group out on my boat also at the same time Roundhill does. If I am off I will be there to carry some of your buddies also. Please let us know some dates soon. James 843-229-6174.

16. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I wish I had enough people to go to fill up these spots. I am trying to get a couple of guys to go, but it can be hard getting off work sometimes. Hopefully I can find some people because I definitely want to go.

17. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Harper,you are more than welcome to fish with me at lake wateree.I am going at least one evening/night this week.I'll put in at wateree creek,all you have to do is just show up,I'll supply everything you need...PM me with your time frame if interested,and thanks for what you do.....sam

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You guys doing the offering are mighty mighty fine folks! That's what it's all about!
    BB in SC

19. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Harper take care of yourself and GOD be with you. When U get back form across the big water send me a mesage and I will take you on thd pee dee river here around Cheraw. GOD BLESS YOU.
    PEEDEE CAT

20. mudflat08

mudflat08 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I dont have a guide service but if i did i would take u for free to thanks for what u do but i would recomend going to lake wilson alabama the absolute best fishing i have ever experienced.