Where would you fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by waitin on whiskers, Oct 3, 2006.

1. waitin on whiskers

waitin on whiskers New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Well this is where i do most of my fishing( the pics not that good but it serves the purpose i guess). Was just wondering where u guys would fish here. The main river on the left of the tracks is about 120 yards wide and prolly 30' deep in the middle. The river coming in the side is prolly 60 yards wide and 2o' deep. The feeder creek is about 10 feet wide and maybe 5' deep.

Attached Files:

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Man you got one heck of a spot for flatheads!!! I don't think it would matter where you fished there. To answer your question I would fish the front sides of both logjams and all around the r/r track pillars. I would also fish the current breaks on the back side of the r/r track pillars. Behind both jams it should be slack water, the current is funneled through in the center. This causes a current break where the slack and current meets. Cats will hang in the current break and ambush anything floating by. You should also have some shallow water there where the two rivers meet and form a point. Should be good there also.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would fish by the log jams, or in the current flow.

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Man this looks like one heck of a spot. I would start fishing the log jams first then fish any place the current is slack. If the current is not to bad you may even want to float a slip bobber rig from the mouth of the incoming rivers and let float to the tracks. I would use live bait or fresh cut bait no matter where I fished.

Good Luck

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    As I have not fished the USA for Catfish in a LONG time, I will Hang my 2cents on with Shortbus!!!!!!!!!! The drawing shows what seems to be a Fantastic fishing ambush situation. Having a boat would make it one of the BEST places to catch fish from a river that I have seen. Good Luck to you and know that we want to see the pictures when you catch them.

HOPPY4

6. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Thanks for the input guys, as soon as o get back out there i will let you know how i did.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice looking spot and map drawling. I would hit the log jams first also, hit em hard also!!

8. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Thanks for the input guys i also found out that there is a sand bar about 100 yards behind the tracks. This place has always produced nice fish, nothing big tho, but i commonly use smaller baits. After looking at some of the pics of the big ones on this site my next trip will be with a lot larger bait i know that.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    looks good every where but check out the jpeg

Attached Files:

• wwf.jpg
      wwf.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  10. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    I would fish right where the three meet especialy in flood waters

11. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    if i could get to that center part at the convergence of the 2 rivers so that you could cast one or 2 lines to each logjam and fish them at the same time and have a good angle to pull the fish from i'd fish from there...

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Fish all around those log jams, and at night time move to the shallower water possibly even in the feeder creek, to catch some feeding flatties. Good Luck to you bro.

Wheelmobile07

13. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think id fish the mouth of the feeder creek downstream side of the log jam. also up in the feeder creek itself.

14. waitin on whiskers

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Well i think i am going to get to give it a try this weekend. Will let you guys know how it went. Thanks for the info.