Where would you fish this time of year for blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by keith, Jun 28, 2006.

1. keith

keith New Member

State:
    ohio
    If you were going fishing for catfish this time of the year in the day light hours, where would you fish, In the deep, in the middle, or around logs, mouths of creeks, In the current, or in the calm waters.

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would stay in the more shallow swift moving water, and wade around fishing in trees laying in the water, logs, anything that creats an "eddy" in the current. In the daytime, there is NO better way to fish in my opinion than wading down the river in the riffles, finding little holes like I described above, using relatively light tackle (light sinker, 15-20# test) and catching catfish all day long. Plus you keep cool by standing in the water.

Of the memories that brings back......how I spent almost every summer afternoon growing up!:lol:

3. catfishslayer05

catfishslayer05 New Member

fish the deep if the water is clear the deeper the better if you have merkey water you might have a better chance of fishing shallow water,But hey I've caught fish in 90' weather on the bottom and in the shallow waters.

Happy fishing.

4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Around this time we usually start getting blues shallower. Around 10 foot mostly, and if your lake has a thermacline just above it. If you mean a river, I dont have experience river fishing.

5. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    Keith,

If your fishing rivers stay out of the calm water. Get into the current and fish deep holes during the day. Use fresh cut bait.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Fish the breaks in the current if possible but stay around the current. If theres no current drift fish at different depths until you find the depth the fish are most active.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you said it couldn't agree more. thats what I do.

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I like to find a flat that the shad come in to early in the morning and attack the area till about 9am then i move to deeper water and watch my depth finder and see how deep the fish are suspending and between these 2 it works for me:smile2:

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Deep holes on outside bends with good cover and current. Place your bait at the head of the hole in a current seam. Current, depth, and cover are what you should look for.