Where would I get a map of the river?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by crazyKat, Sep 27, 2007.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i live in owensboro and would like to find a good map of the river from henderson to cannelton dam. any suggestions?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The following link has navigation maps of the Ohio river supplied by the Corps of Engineers. Unfortunately they do not show depth, but I use them and just pencil in the depths for the areas that I fish. These maps are actually quite useful and will help you identify manmade structures and even access points. http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i looked at that site and got confused. lol what do i click on to find the map

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    CRAZYKAT,

Once you get to the page I sent you, scroll down and on the bottom left click on the link to navigation information. On the next page you will see a picture of the Ohio river. Scroll down and click on Navigation Charts: Ohio/Green rivers downloadable. It will take you to another page. On this page scroll down and you will see the different areas that you can download. The one you are looking for is: Ohio River Cannelton Pool, charts 85-102. Click on this and it will download. It takes a while to download the whole file so be patient. If this don't help let me know.

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    they have a book at dicks sporting goods of the ohio river ... really detailed ... but i dont remember if it showd the depths.

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The navigation maps are better

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have seen the book and I really don't like it much. You could get as much information out of a good atlas. the Navigation maps are much better and give good info such as access points, warm water intakes, and graineries. BEST OF ALL THEY ARE FREE!

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    true true ranger.... i was just trying to offer a lil info ... its an alternative to fall back on if u dont have a printer

9. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the one that says cannelton pool is 60-85 not 85-102 so i downloaded the one that says caanelton but it was a map from cannelton to cloverport area. i need one from owensboro area to cannelton dam. am i downloading the wrong 1?

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is possible that I gave you the wrong set of charts. That page contains maps from Cincinnatti all the way to the Mississippi so try a different one. They are in order from west to east I believe. I know that Markland pool is the farthest east so go 1 set opposite of that. Sorry for the bad info!

11. 2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME

2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Does anybody know of one of these for the KY river?
    Some of us aren't lucky enough to get to the Ohio on a regular basis.:smile2: