Where will your kids work?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Crawdad, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Where will your kids work?

America has exported hundreds of thousands of jobs and Chinese autos will be imported this fall to make life even harder for US automakers. Enrollment is way down in computer science classes because students know most software work now goes to India. Many American companies now hire most of their engineers in foreign countries. Yet we allow legal immigration of about one million more people and approximately the same number if illegals.

That’s not enough cheap labor for George Bush. He wants more “Guest Workers”. The mythical “fruit picker” quickly moves to higher paying jobs in construction, meatpacking, and manufacturing. Every time Bush mentions this proposal he encourages thousands more to sneak into our country to compete with Americans for jobs.

E-mail me if you’re also upset about this. We need your help fighting it.

Bill Walker
    1036 Highway D
    Bland, MO 65014
    (573) 943-2151

2. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Probably in the military, fighting World War III vs. China in a battle over oil.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    They will have to go where the jobs are,MEXICO!!! peewee-williams

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Three words, Health Care Field. Can't export them jobs!

Also the sanitation field. Yep, thats rite, TRASH COLLECTIN! Another one that can't be exported.

I agree with the military. There are still some great opportunities in there.

My 3 boys are as follows.
    #1 son-career Air Force
    #2 son-Paramedic
    #3 son-trash collection/water department/equipment operator

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It's just like the welfare we pay. If your from a foreign country and just got here they will give you what ever you want, housing, food stamps, etc.. But if your from the great USA you have to fight for what they give you and always get turned down. I have heard this from people all the time and a friend that works in that office.

6. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    we keep bending over backwards for big business just to have them shi$$ on the little guy,no way to win when they control the money,I just hope there are jobs when they grow up:sad:

7. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    By the way, you can e-mail your Senator from this non-partisan site:

http://congress.org/congressorg/home/

tell him we don't need a guest worker amnesty.
    If you can't get involved, don't blame anyone else.

8. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I have a question. If all of these jobs are being exported and everyone is coming arcross the border then unemployment must be pretty high them. Last time I checked unemployment is still at a all time LOW around 4%. There are plenty of jobs out there all you need is a education and some drive to suceed and you will do great.:)

9. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    My kids will either become Professional Sprint Car or Stock Car Drivers and if that dont work then Professional Hockey Players. :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and my kids will start the very first 24 hour catfishing channel!!

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I have three kids 12,14,15,kid #1 vaterinarian #2 lawyer(don't hold it against him) #3 marinebiologist. anybody want to help out with college fund? LOL