Where will next world record blue catfish come from

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by bumper, Sep 8, 2007.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    What body of water(lake or river) do you think the next all-tackle world record blue catfish will be caught from?

2. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i would love to say the arkansas river, but i dont often catch blues out of it...my guess it would have to be the mississippi river but who knows???

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The largest fish are going to be in the largest rivers. It's their natural habitat and they thrive in those systems. I'd imaginethe Mississippi b/c of it's size. Well I guess I'll say that the largest one will probably be there, but where the next record is caught I dunno. There are so many bodies of water in the US that produce some really nice fish. There's some in a BUNCH of states that put out 80's and 90's. Any of those bodies of water could have a 130lb cat in them.

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think and hope it comes from the ohio river, caught by a ky boy!

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Although the location is a secret I can reveal it will be caught from behind my boat...W

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Hoping it is the MS River about 40 miles north of Memphis along a good riprap bank in decent current on a good old skipjack head cause then that might be me tied to the other end.

7. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think it will be Santee, that might just be wishful thinking though.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree and hope. I have a feeling it'll come from around the Henderson area. Have some of the best blue cat anglers down that way...BTW,JW,Walt,Dan and DH,,,you all owe me something for the plug. :wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

9. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I suspect it is going to come out of the Mississippi based on the harvest reports we all see .
    The guys that chase them over that way from us are getting a heck of a lot more sophisticated in their approach. Concentrating on the convergence of two rivers for diversity of water shed and forage base.
    The areas close to or associated with Power generation are also making for a habitat that actually promotes year around activity and growth because of the warm water and again promoting the concentration of the forage base during that hard water time.
    An as with anything when it gets popular , places away from the "Interstate ". Some of the huge ole Oxbows south of Stl. are producing good number of blues in some pretty unlikely places. Theory is the fish are displaced survivers of the Midwest's High water a few years ago.

It's a great mystery ehh?

10. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

ITS GOING TO COME OUT OF MY PARENTS POND, WEIGHED HER LAST WEEK SHES 122.25 ONE MORE BASS FOR BREAKFAST AND SHE'L BE THE NEW RECORD HOLDER!!! LOL I WISH THERS NOT EVEN BLUES IN MICHIGAN, MY GUESS WOLD BE THE MISSISSIPPI, BUT I DO HAVE 25lb CHANNELS IN THE POND!!
    NOT TO BAD FOR STOCKING IN THE EARLY 90S

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be careful John. Plugging for that group could be hazardous.I think the next world record blue will come from the Miss/Ohio. I live in between and have my eyes on that records.:smile2:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You're right Mickey...That may be dangerous or hazardous!!! :smile2:

13. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    My guess would be Texoma. There has got to be a bigger one in there.

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well I can't say for sure where that Bad Boy will come from But I Know for certain where some of them Records live.And that's a section of the Missouri river between Plattsmith,nebr. and souix city Ia.Last year Below Belviuew Nebr. a #100 pound Blue was taken on a trot line.and just this last week end a Friend of mine (Hathaway) had one load up his rod and He coulden't budge it off the bottom,Had to be huge, cause the Man targets the Big boys with heavy gear.But then again Man as fast as the current in the Big Mo. runs.I Don't Know if one man fishing alone could boat one as large as #125 pounds by Himself.Oh Well I will let You Folks Know if it can be done and boated when I Hook that Dude Up.J.D.
    :wink:

15. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i would say missour river arourd nebraska city have seen some nice blues caught this year some 85 and 90 on rod and reel

16. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    The Cape Fear!!:cool2:

17. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wish it were going to be the cumberland or tn river system but probably the miss or the Ohio. I still got a flatty and a channel in the pool ya never know. I figure if I keep on throwing them all my skip jack tails that I cut off before freezing them it won't take long.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JD keep this phone number handy in case you need help getting that big boy in.(BR549) Help is just a call away.:big_smile:

19. Capt. Hugh

Capt. Hugh New Member

State:
    VA
    If you boys don't catch it soon it might come from the James River, Our Game Department shocked some over 100 lbs. several years ago.( maybe 3 yrs. ago )

20. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am going to guess the Missouri between lexington,MO and st louis or the osage river. I have seen pics of fish from the osage that went over 100lbs.
    the Ohio is very capable also