Where will Jay Cutler go?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The Broncos finally decided to trade their QB, let the speculation begin, where will he go?
    will he be happy there?
    is he just another cry baby player?
    who could use a QB?

I know my beloved Bears couls use him, but I am not sure they have any good trade for the Broncos, they would not get ride of any star player i their roster. Trade for the 1st round and 4th round pick, maybe.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Chicago, NY JETS, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay, Detroit:crazy:, Houston, Oakland with Al Davis:eek:oooh:, or the Bills with TO:eek:oooh:.

I may get shot for this one, but I'd Cutler for Peyton Manning straight up! Petyon has 5 to 6 years tops, while Cutler is still a whipper snapper with a bigger and better cannon that Peyton. Cutler can sling for at least 10 years. That's BUSINESS!:cool2:

3. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I don't know where Jay will go, but there will be a lot of teams out there that'll want him. This is really all McDaniel's, and the Bronchos fault, they shouldn't have tried to trade him so he could get Matt Cassell, Cutler is a much more proven qb than Cassell, but maybe Cassell and McDaniel had something going on. Because the whole thing makes no sense, there's very few quality qb's in this league, and Denver has a 26 yr old pro bowler and they tried to trade him to get an relatively unknown product in Matt Cassell. Good luck Broncho fans. A majority of teams in the NFL would love to have Cutler, so I don't blame him for wanting to go to a team that wants him, it's obvious Denver didn't think all that highly of him.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He is going to Cleveland folks...count on it!

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :smile2::smile2:
    yea, I think you will definatly get shot for this one! But there is some logic to what you are saying. I still don't think the Broncos will do this simply because like you said, Peyton is getting older is McDaniels is a young coach, so he has no rush to try to get his QB star and win his championships.

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, I guess I was a little off with my trade prediction.
    I am happy that Cutler is going to Chitown, he will be appreciated there since for a few decades there has not bee a good QB directing the team. I think both teams got a good deal, you got to give stuff up to get a quality player, I am glad it was nobody from defence they traded away. Orton is a serviceable QB, not a good QB, and the draft picks you just never know how they will work out.

I am happy and look for many good wins and the Bears kicking Green Bay's rear end for many years to come.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've been a big Bronco's fan all my life....this about makes me want to disown the Bronco's....WTF were they thinking.:confused2: Jay is a very good QB and I hate that he's leaving. Oh well more time to fish...no reason to watch them now...without a good QB it's going to be awhile before there decent again.

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Chris, i can get you a CHIEFS fan application if ya want!!:smile2:

i dunno what the hell McDaniels did'nt like about him or who he thought he can get better to replace him,but i like the trade cuz now we dont have to play against him twice a year no more!!!its gonna be quite a while before they land a qb of his caliber again.
    what do ya think about this?? denver trading both 1st round pics and maybe a 2nd for the chiefs #3 spot to get Sanchez? i know usually division rivals dont do much trading,but Pioli and McD are buddies.i believe its possible,but im not sure its likely,but who knows??:confused2:

im just glad the chiefs are'nt the laughing stock of the afc west anymore!!!:smile2:

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's a done deal,Da Bears!!

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    ??? You got Kyle Orton out of the deal :smile2:

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well the bears got him but who is he going to throw to. and they also have Oline troubles and no picks really to fill these needs. should be interesting to see what happens though. i love this offseason so far. people goin all over the place.

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I think the Raiders still hold that title.

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'm happy for ya, Luey! Nice pickup for "The Cog:wink:"

No more Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman just figured out he might not be needed no more.

Finally the Bears got a respectable QB, something they've been looking for since the late 80's.

Chicago wasn't bad last years with a horrible QB. If they can keep defending like they have in the past 3 years and if Cutler can perform better than Rex and Kyle, which he should, I can see them going far.

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Well Luey
    I picked up the local paper this morning & see that wishes do come true.
    "Your Boys Got There Man".
    :wink:
    Oh yea - I also see that they picked up "Orlando Pace" on the same day.
    (this should be interesting :0a14:)
    The Bears have a hold new look now - just because of those two moves.
    Lets face it - those players are not the best thing since slice bread, but
    if everthing works out for them on offense & the defense comes around again, "I would be shocked :crazy: if the Bears are out of the playoffs for a third staraight season".
    :wink:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've been a die hard Broncos fan for 20+ years. I have no idea what McDaniels was thinking???:eek:oooh: I already don't like the guy...Sure Shanahan had a few bad years but he won 2 titles. I think Bowlen jumped the gun in firing him!
    Its gonna take a long time to get over this, I have a feeling its gonna be a long couple years for us fans...:sad2:
    Orton???? Who the heck wants him??? I say get rid of McDaniels & Orton and get a different coach and Q-Back!!!:roll_eyes:

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    you are right man, my friend here at work, (also from Chicago relocated in AZ) and I are going nuts over this. they got a better QB than they had in the last 20 years or so but also a decent OT, hopefully they can both stay healty and have many good games for the team in years to come.
    Chicago is never been known for making such moves, they always preach that they are a defencive team first and do not often engage in to bidding wars with other teams. This trade may just change that and finally have an offence to go along.

As we all know, they have a lot of work to do before they can go in to a championship game but the future looks bright.

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Not any more"! (lol)

If the Denver oragation don't stop the bleeding & put a lid on Mcdaniels now and stop him for making moves like that one, it's going to get a lot worst before it get better for the Broncos.
    & that coming from a Raiders Fan so you know that I have seen my share of bad moves.
    :0a14: