Where wil the next HOF flathead catfish for GA come from?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by BassMassey, Feb 12, 2009.

next Georgia HOF flathead entry

1. Coosa

2. Westpoint lake/ Chattahoochie

3. Lake Oconee

4. Clarks Hill

5. Altamaha

6. lower oconee river/ ocmulgee

7. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    the current HOF flathead for georgia currently stands at a measly 32lbs and is bound to be broke atleast once this season........where do ya think it might come from?

2. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I'm not too concerned w/ the bluecat's........bumper has them pretty much locked down......lol

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i voted altamaha........simply i think it's the healthiest big flathead fishery in the state right now............even after all the shocking in the past several years..........and we have a number of good anglers down there chasing them...I wouldn't be suprised to see ol' paul put one up this spring from westpoint either

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    There's a 40+ swimming in the 'hooch right now with my name on it. :wink:

5. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i think we need to get creteus a turtle hof entry! lmao....:003:

6. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    you didnt have "Bradley_G's fishing pole" as an option so I didnt vote.

7. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I think it will be the chattahoochee my PB is 30lb but a 40lb flatty was caught on the hooch near columbus last year

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    All are good options, but I voted for the Altamaha because there's been so many big flatheads caught from there. I hope it comes from the Coosa though :wink::big_smile:.

9. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    the altamaha my biggest last year was a shade over 50 on a rod and 87 on bushhook

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I voted other just cause I figured I could be right by with that guess LOL

11. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    Depending on the rainfall this year, I am going with upper Hooch 40 to 50 lbs.

Attached Files:

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Massey, that's a tough one for sure! I want to BS and say West Point... but that might be a bit ambitious considering the size of Flathead Catfish that have already been caught down on the Altamaha. Oh heck, Bumper... what do ya say about this upcoming summer... from dusk 'till dawn on the Coosa, part 3? :smile2:

13. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I would like to say on the Coosa by me , and if you look in the store at Lock and Dam in Rome at the pics on the wall you will see they are there, but im afraid that the Altamaha have it out classed, :embarassed:
    Puddle
    By the way I tried to submit a channel cat to the hall of fame and it was out of order anyone know when it will be up and running again??

14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    i didn't know the HOF was out of commission? i guess pm cattledogz......she's the moderator that takes care of the HOF....

15. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    They have a little flyer up that says its down for upgrade,
    Puddle:wink:

16. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    I voted Altamaha.........of course it is my home...lol. Have seen some mighty big flatties come out of there. Looking forward to this years contest coming up soon.... Hope to see one bigger than the 66 pounder that came from there last year.

Hope to get a nice one from West Point as well.

Greg

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey Greg, Are you coming to the gathering? Need a campsite?

18. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i am saying coosa because i live close to it and plan on fishing it hard this year. just got a dependable motor (although its kinda small at 6 hp) its still dependable enough to keep hard at fishing and get away from the ramp and not be worried about it not cranking. lol i hope everyone gets on good flaties though gl to all trying to get the record:wink:

19. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    hey bro the smaller the motor the more dependable i think......i got a 8hp merc. and it starts everytime and runs smooth........the only thing i've had done to it since i bought it is changed the lower unit oil and spark plugs....the mechanic at the marina pretty much said keep your oil mix right and i can't really hurt that motor.....not to mention i can fish all day long w/ $5 in fuel!

20. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    .........the votes are coming in......looks like bassmassey is gonna have to take some trips down south this season...lol............you have the chickens ready westpoint paul?