Where were you?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by PTDixieGal, Sep 11, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Where were you when you first heard the tragedy of 9/11/01 unfolding?

I was on the fourth floor of a five story building in downtown Little Rock, working for an insurance company. I was working on a major project for one of our top agents.

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I was in bed when the phone rang and I heard from my parents the news in horror I sat there waiting for something to be displayed and then it was.... really true and severe as a family member called who witnessed it miles away from the scene

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I was at work when we found out and we had also found out that our ceo and others from our company had just left. They couldn't find a way home by any transports so the owner just went to a dealership and bought a car so they could drive home.

4. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    I remember being at school and I was pulled out halfway throughout the day because my friend at the time was in America and was traveling all over and was in New York at the time and she watched the whole thing happen, she was in a state of shock, she's living there now, I just pray that she's alright today :embarassed:

Then when I got home, it was pasted all over the news and the papers and was talked non-stop on the radio stations for days and days

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife and I were on our morning walk. A neighbor in his car stopped to tell us the WTC had been hit by a plane. For some reason I was thinking he was talking about the UN building until we got home and turned on the TV.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I was at work We went under lockdown and full alert since we were a big chemical co.

7. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That is a day I will never forget as long as I live!!!!! I was on the USS Bulkeley DDG-84, at the time the ship was in Pascagoula Ms gong through the last stage of pre-commissioning work as a matter of fact the crew was in the process of moving aboard when it happened 5 minutes later we had every crew served weapon system locked and loaded and ready to do battle.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was at home and turned on the TV. At first I thought it was a movie as I was still a bit sleepy.

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was putting in a brick walkway that day, I'll never forget.:sad2:

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I was in the classroom, my kids were working, I was doing grades. One of the coaches, a dear friend of mine, stopped in the room on his way to his own, came close to me, and said "Cher, THE WTC has fallen to terrorists, they flew a plane into it...it's all over the news. ,,many are dead. I will never forget the look on his face and I daresay he won't forget mine either. I immediately said, have we declared war yet? I was worried that someone was gonna push a button on us and me with a classroom full of kids.

I will never forget that day. The phones began ringing and parents began pulling their kids out. By the time the day was done I bet 1/2 the school population was gone

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    In a delivery truck going down highway 40 headed for St.Louis.Didn't really know what was going on till I got to my first pick up point.Never for get the day.:sad2:

12. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was at work and they let every body off for the rest of the day will never forget that dust cloud it was almost like japan when we dropped the bomb

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I was at work and we had the radio on outside of the job site. We thought it was a joke at first. We honestly thought the "Morning fun guys" were doing a "war of the worlds" type thing. When we found out that it was true, we all went home. I have never spent so much time in front of the TV and being so mad at such a senseless cowardly act. I couldn't believe that someone would kill woman and children to prove a point.

14. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Sitting at home playing video games when my girlfriend comes home from work early because they closed the mall.At first I thought she was kidding.Couldn't believe it.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I had gotten home late from teaching a might class on Helicopter Ordnance. My mother called from Cleveland and told me to turn on the television. I thought that it was some sort of movie at first....

16. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I was a postal clerk and I was sorting mail, we had a tv on and watched them crash. I knew then it was bin ladin.:eek:oooh:

17. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I was working on a job in Aruba rebuilding the Coastal refinery there. I was wishing I wasn't out of the country.

18. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    I was headed back to I-80 from Fort Wayne IN. I was to be through New York that night. It takes a long while to go around New York. That was my last week driving truck. All I thought about was my wife and 2 year old son at home alone. That will never happen again!

19. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I was at a gas station with a co-worker getting gas in my Service truck when we heard it start to unfold on the radio. I could'nt believe what I was hearing . Today I am still in shock that this thing happened in our own back yard and we never knew it was going to take place. Since then I have met 3 people who lost loved ones. I have a friend who worked the Pentagon crash site as a Arlington, County Firefighter. He later shared with us his experience being on ground zero. Today's service was nice, but I'm not convienced we can stop it if it were to happen again. Let's pray im wrong. My heart felt sympathy to all who were affected and lost loved ones.

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was in the Air Force at work, we usually had a news channel running in the office for current events such as this. I remember thinking at first, what happened?, what a terrible accident. Then as we saw there was another plane I got really pissed off.... Still am....:angry: