Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fishmaster1203, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    [youtubevid]AW8puRqE4Sc&feature[/youtubevid]

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I was at the bank. Headed back to work and was haulin folks outa the city in droves.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I was in South Bend, IN just starting to make some breakfast at my folks house.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife and I were about half mile from the house on daily walk. A neighbor driving to work stopped and told us the WTC had just been hit by a plane. I was in NYC many years ago and first large building I thought of was the United Nations building.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    was standing in my living room havin a cup of coffee. the wife was getting ready for class. i called out to her, look at this building on fire. i thought it was a movie or something. then about the time she walked in the second one hit. that was when i knew this was no movie. i stayed home from work that day.

6. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I was on my way to work when it came on the radio I listen to the story for about an hour the one thing that really hit home was a boy about sixteen was on his skateboard trying to find his grandma..I tell you right now we dont ever need to forgit this and we need to keep pursuing these people to ends of the earth:angry::sad2:

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    At home watching TV when the news broke. Changed many lives and thoughts of invincibility on that day. Stay safe and NEVER forget!!!

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I pulled into the bait shop to pick up a buddy to go striper fishing. As soon as I got out of the truck, my buddy came out and said a plane had hit the World Trade Center. We went inside and started watching it on tv. Shortly after that the second plane hit. We could not believe what we were seeing. Needless to say, we called the fishing trip off and I went back home to watch it. It was a horrible day.

God bless all the innocent people that lost their lives on that day.

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    i was home from school, sick, and saw the second one hit. The weird thing is, i was sick the next year on sept 11 watching the first memorial service. I thought that to be odd. The day of the tragedy, i swore that i would serve in the military for part of my life and here i am today in the USAF. I remember in basic training, we would be asked "why did you join the military?" Most responces were "education, family tradition, needed a job, wanted to travel, etc." My answer was "frankly sir, 911 ****** me off." I was the only one who joined for patriotism. I think this whole country needs a reminder of what happened that day.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    In the lobby of the bank where I work watching it on TV. Saw the 2nd plane hit and watched the towers fall. I was also involved in law enforcement at the time and knew we had lost a lot of brothers in that moment. My unit worked the Murrah building in '95 and you never forget.

May God Bless our Country in spite of those who don't want his presence.

11. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I was still in school, 7th grade 3rd period was when i found out and the rest of the school day was spent watching the news coverage in the classrooms.

12. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I was in school, but being homeschooled, I saw the second plane hit. I remember the shocked reactions of everyone. I remember the poor lady who had been told her husband was dead, then told he was alive, and then told again he was dead. The news anchors would not cut her off, they let her finish talking. I guess I didn't really understand it at the time; maybe I didn't fully make the connection that we were the ones under attack.

Over the next few days, I saw a different America. Friend and foe alike sang "God Bless America", and I didn't hear anyone complain about the "G-word". Volunteers worked tirelessly and selflessly at ground zero, and the rest of us showed a flag somehow. Some raised them on a flagpoles, some had small ones on the front of their house, some wore America flag lapels, and some had them on their cars.

I have grown angry at those who wish to hide previous images of the World Trade Center. Every American needs to know that there used to be a World Trade Center, and every American needs to know that people who hate us destroyed them and the lives of some 3000 Americans. I will never forget that fateful day, and I thank God that I live in the greatest country on earth. God bless America.

13. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Was getting ready to take my Father-in-law to the doctor. He was watching the FNN and called me in to his room to see the first one. I went up stairs and switched on the TV and saw the second one hit. Took him to the doctor, went and picked the kids up at school, talked to my wife 6 or 8 times on the phone.

She picked her dad up at the doctor's office, and we all met at home. Watched it on TV most of the afternoon. Didn't know where that 4th plane was, all kind's or reports that it was somewhere around here. Shanksville PA is only 60 miles Northeast of here. Went to Mass that afternoon and prayed, a lot.

Last year took the kids to Shanksville to see where the 4th plane went down and to pay our respects. Very somber, kids were very calm and quite.

Attached Files:

14. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I was at my parent's house, helping my dad shave. He'd had a stroke 3 years before. When the first plane hit, we thought, hmm, somebody screwed up. When the second one hit, my dad and I looked at each other and he said " That's no accident. Somebody is after us." I'll never forget the look in his eyes. I finished getting him cleaned up, went and called Bo and talked to him for a minute, and really didn't know what to do. My sister was with my mom in the hospital at the time, so I called her. She was crying. Then I called the school to check on my kids, and the secretary was crying. But I just couldn't cry. All I wanted to do was grab a gun and shoot whoever the bastards were that were doing this to us. I've never felt so helpless in all my life.

15. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    On the Net when a Buddy's wife IMed me the news. Got to the TV just in time to see the second one hit the tower.:angry:

Started working the phone to inform and coordinate the crew, loading weapons, batteries in the scanner, and made a quick run to the gas station to top off the tank and cans.

If that sounds paranoid, remember, at that time all anyone knew was that there had been an attack, not by who or how widespread.

As ineffective as we might have been,, within 30 minutes we had 60 semi-well armed folk coordinated and ready to respond to anything local.

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I was working, heard it on the radio... kept working,, listening to the reports on the radio.

then, as now, my only concern has been,,, Why the Hell have we been so NICE to the terrorists, and countries that support them?

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I was driving home from morning coffee. I will not forget .

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Watching it from the Jersey Turnpike heading towards the Lincoln tunnel:sad2:

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was 18 and on my 5 th day at a new job and the guys kept tellin me i was going to get drafted and go to war, they found it amusing:eek:oooh:, i found it hard to believe

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It was back when I was teaching kindergarten. They start a week later so I was cleaning the classroom. Just when I arrive and started moving around desk and chairs, another teacher came in and told me there is a fire at the World Trade Center. So we turned on the TV monitors in the classroom and watched the first tower burning. I first thought it was just a normal floor fire. We kept watching and all of a sudden the a plane flew into Tower 2. I yelled out "Holy Shit" while the other theacher screamed "Oh, My God!".

For the next 3 hours, my face was glued to the TV and I did not say another word and sat in silence.

Finally when both towers crumbled, I had the worst feeling inside me:embarassed:.

Very sad day!