Where we going this weekend??

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Feb 25, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Gents~
    I have only a few days left on my annual golden eagle pass for Tonto before i have to throw down another $100.00 for 12 more months of parking at the lake..

* I am pretty sure I will be at Bartlet this weekend.... How about you?
    ~A

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I need a river fix,,, we're loading the junk up and headin' over ,, hopefully on Friday...

I've been wanting to get back down to Roosevelt and try that one again,, so, that will be in the works soon also!!

Good luck,,:smile2:

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    We had 84 today, nights still in the 50's though. Temps will be up and down from 70's to 80's before it straightens out. I'm gettin spring fever.

:cool2:

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So how did you do? Any Flats?

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy. I went up the Verde from Bartlet on Saturday:
    Water temp was 59* air temp was in the mid 80's and still a little cool at night.. The gills were shallow and very abundant. The carp bite was very slow and light biting.. Shad were abundant in the river all day.. It seemed bass were boiling on them every time i looked up. I fished for flats near some rocky cliffs a few miles up from the last bouyies. I was fishing right on the channel where the depth went from 26 ft to 10 ft.. 1st run at 8:30 pm on a large blue gill right near the rocks. (15-18lbs) I moved down river a few times that night looking for deeper water, both times without a bite, not even the channel cats were interested in dip bait, shrimp, crawlers or shad... I also tried cut carp with out a nibble..

* I had another bite early in the morning, but I did not get out of my bag in time.. By the time I heard it, I jumped up and ran over, but it was already gone. My daughter says, "yeah, it had been making that sound for a while." Thanks alot, I said...

~ Anyways~ The lake is filling up fast and it should be a real nice summer for fishing...

Attached Files:

6. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I just spent 10 days inthe hospital....went in for a fib....came out staph in the blood......got the staph from a bad ivy that went south in hospital....now a pic line and got have antibiotics in the pic line once a day....so we will stick close to home I am sure unless b/f can get Friday off from work. Sandy

7. galactic

galactic New Member

State:
    arizona
    going to hit rosey 13th till 16th for some crappie, with the ol man, and gonna hit the river overnight for some flats.. see how it goes might just bounce to the white mts before winters over :cool2:

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Sandy.... sorry to hear about the hospital problem.... get well quick... june Blythe trip is comming up soon....

Bayrunner Ray

9. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I got a pic line in my arm to my heart......but I can do the antibiotics before I leave tomorrow........I want to get to patagonia...next weekend possibly San Carlos or Rosie.......anybody having luck at Rosie or San Carlos???? :confused2: