Where to take the Wife????

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Asartin, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Need some help fellas, my anniversary is coming up the second week in Oct and sure would love to put her on a huge flattie or a big blue. Any tips or ideas would greatly be appriciated. We've got a boat so anywhere is not too far.

I grew up fishin Norman, so I know the water well. Badin from what everyone seems to say has a TON of big fish, but I've never fished down there.

Anyway thanks for any tips....

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    True cat fisherman. Taking the wife fishing on the anniversary.Good luck an hope the wife an yourself catch a big one.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Austin celebrate a little early come to the n.c. gathering at Badin 1st weekend in oct ,get to fish ,eat an bull chit with others :wink::big_smile:

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....my anniversary is coming up the second week in Oct and sure would love to put her on a huge flattie or a big blue..."

And who said romance is dead?!?!?!?!

:smile2:

Go to Mt. Island Lake.

5. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Take her to Santee ! Best chance I think would be there.

6. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

State:
    NC
    Call Ty Mathis

7. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Not sure about where to go that one is for sure but just want to high five your wife for being a gail and enjoying fishing....The sisterhood gets bigger and bigger:wink:

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I would have to agree with Kevin, take her to Santee. The Flathead fishn should be in its prime for the next month or so. We are thinking about going ourselves. I try to go down at least once a yr to get a big flatie (or be gotten by one)

I took my wife down there on our honeymoon:smile2: (and i ain't kidding) ask her sometime and watch the smile (2 40lb flatheads, what a way to start a life togeather, also got to visit the Church there)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  9. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats! I also would say santee. Its that time of year. Just dont forget the pee bucket for the lady. Have fun and dont forget protection. Put on your seatbelt.

10. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Austin, Happy anniversary.

11. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary. My wife surprised me a few weeks ago. She went with me to run my trot lines. She sat up there on the front of the boat and ran those lines like a pro. I loved it. Maybe I will ask her to take a fishing trip for our next anniversary. Well, we'll see about that. Tight lines to you. :big_smile:

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Santee is certainly a good choice for either a flathead or big blue,however you might want to consider a trip to the James River.Get a hold of Capt Hugh if you are considering a guided trip.He can put you on some big ones.James should be heating up about now through Dec.:big_smile:

13. Asartin

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Thanks for all the tips. You don't know how often I thank my lucky star I got a wife that likes fishn just as much as I do.:wink: I think we might be heading towords badin so far. A little closer than Santee, not that I don't want to go fish Santee. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the lakes around this area.

Is there a good starting point on Badin? I've never been on the lake before, any areas to avoid? ie : shoals, shallow areas or anything like that?

Once again thanks for all the info...

14. Asartin

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin

:smile2: Now heres a funny guy!!!:smile2:

15. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Badin still has big fish but not nearly as many as it did. Juggers are killing the blue cat fishery on the Yadkin chain of lakes. I would probably stick to Norman since you know it. Might want to check with Mac. He should be able to provide some good info. about the catfishing on Norman.

16. Asartin

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Well it looks like the better half is wanting to go to Santee.. I fished there about 12 years ago and I think we stayed at a place in Eadytown. Just above a canal that connects the two lakes, if this sounds right to anyone? We fished with a guide when we went. I would like to take my own boat, so I'm lookin for a place to stay with boat access, and possible close to good fishin.:wink: If anyone has any recomendations I would greatly appriciate it.

17. Asartin

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Changed yet again. Headed down to Norman probably the last weekend in Oct. Probably stay somewhere like Mooresville. This will be the first time I've fished the lake since the family sold our house down in Stumpy Creek. I can't wait, catfish and white perch, this is gonna be good...

18. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    :wink:im with wyliecat,you dont have to worry about alot of boats watching what your doing ,if you know what i mean.