Where to start- Whats your first place to catfish this year?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Feb 16, 2006.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    OK kansas Boys, assuming that you havn't started Yet where is the first place you will fish this year?

Mine would Be the Mo. river for blue cats

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I started Tuesday at Milford . Caught some channels on cut shad.

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'll be hitting the Missouri aswell for some blues! I can't wait til this cold spell breaks again. I'm ready!

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kansas River for cats , Perry and Hillsdale for Crappie. Couple more weeks. Oh yeah Ill be hitting Wyandotte this Sunday for Trout.:)

5. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Have Hit A Couple Of Private Ponds. Bagged A Few Nice Crappie. Not Much Luck As Far As Catfish. A Few Small Channels.
    Next Time, I Think I'll Run Out To The North Fork Of The Ninnescah River. Just North Of Cheney Reservoir And See If I Can Catch A Few White Bass Or Strippers While I'm Waiting Around For Some Hungry Catfish.
    Best Of Luck To The Rest Of You Guys! Keep Us Posted.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I froze my arse off during the waterfowl season and am not real excited to freeze it off again!!! All that said, my first cat trip will probably running a trotline on Clinton. Cold water cats are the best eating to me.

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Chances are Im going to be hitting the little creek by my house for channels and/or bullheads. Its a nice little spot. I do hope to get out to Hillsdale and any small rivers that are out there.

8. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'll be hitting the Neosho river IF and when it ever gets any freaking water in it!! Lol

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Barbel , what creek are you talking about?

10. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I'll probably hit that good ol spot at435 first.

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Well the first place will be somewhere with some water that have fish in it. I will try to fish the Maris Des Cygnes river, Kansas, Wakarusa for rivers and Hillsdale and area lakes. My wife has a grandmother that live right on the Lake of the Ozarks, I will be fishing it a few times a year too.

chris

12. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I hope to get out as soon as the weather warms a bit to some of the city lakes. Then I hope to make a trip to Kingman before the moss gets going. Then who knows. I want to try lots of new water this year.

13. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    When the weather breaks I think I'll give redmond a try. Shallow water thru most the lake so maybe it'll warm up a little faster. If the fish are deep(7 to 10 ft in redmond) maybe I'll get luck and find em' schooled up!

14. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    The creek I am fishing is called Coffee Creek. It turns into the Blue River a little ways down, and then that connects into the Missouri. It is great for channel cats and (especially) bullheads and sunfish. It has almost everything in it, and it isnt fished at ALL. I know because when I hiked up it, I walked within 3 feet of a bass swimming beside me, and the thing didnt even take notice that I was there. But it has everything from 8+ lb. channel cats, bullheads (yellow and black that I know of) green sunfish, bluegills, hybrid sunfish (mix of sunfish and bluegill), spotted and largemouth bass, and even a couple crappie here and there. It is a good creek to get bait out of and stuff. I was thinking about fishing for flatheads out of it too.

15. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've hit a few ponds around here so far this year. Looking to get down to the river here. Maris Des Cygnes river soon. Hey Chris let me know when your heading to the river and maybe we can hook up and do some fishing. As soon as I can get the motor fixed on my Cajun, I'm planning to troll La Cygne for wipers and Catfish all night in the warm water. Any Locals good with boat motors. Got a carb leak and not good with these things, going to give it shot when it gets a little warmer again. And see what happens.

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Ill probally hit the small creek nearby first then the mdc.

17. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    It will be Cedar or Olathe Lakes for me until it warms up enougth to get the boat out.

18. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Jay

I will let you know when I will be moving back in to the area, I will be home for a short while around the end of May, I will be busy looking for a new job and a house to reside in.

chris

19. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    im probably gonna hit below the damn up at clinton

20. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    IL river, its where