Where to park my new ride?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by DWB, Mar 11, 2009.

1. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Evening gents (and I used that term lightly)....

So I am preparing to pull the trigger on a new catfish rig (a 24' Sea Ark) and am now I'm thinking about where I will keep it. Since I can't keep boats outside at my home (HOA nazis) and it is just too big for my garage I'm thinking I will keep it at a marina on the Missippi near my home (up river from St. Charles, down river from the dam). I have done a little looking and calling around and it seems there are a lot of options out that way...so where to start? Or is there another option I'm not thinking of??

I have called a few. Some seem reasonable and others outragous (1500 for the year on a my trailer with not even a cover :crazy:). I'm curious what others in my situation have done? Where do you keep your rig if not at home? I'd really appreciate all of your thoughts on this.

Dan

2. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dan you can store it at my house in winfield if you want. Dont forget to leave the keys in case I need to "Move" it.:smile2:

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Dan, call LandLocked Marina in St Peters. I know the fella that owns it and he is a real stand up guy. Tell him Bill Rowe sent ya over!

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Thanks, Doug...I think :smile2:

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Thanks, Bill. This might turn out to be better than a marina on the river. One of my concerns with a river marina is flooding. My work has me traveling overseas often and I'm afraid that I'll be gone during a flood and the marina owner won't be able to find someone to move my boat for me....as appealing as a waterfront marina is this might be the more practical option.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I walked through landlocked marina. They had them boats, cars, RV's and etc. packed in there. Not sure what it takes to get your boat in/out easily.

Bill, I need some seat covers made, that's why I stopped in there. They just gave me a business card for some dude that works out of his garage. Anyone know where I can get a GREAT job and reasonable price on custom snap-down seat covers? Storage covers for when they are stowed and boat is parked.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Yeah, he, Pat, has an on site canvas guy that can probably make what you need. He also has an on site mechanic so if something happens to your boat you can it fixed there too.

Country Club Limo leases an office out of that huge building too.

His service is this, park the boat out front and they will park it around back and plug it up for ya. When you want to get the boat, call and they will have it parked out front waiting for ya all charged up and ready to go. I think they will even pack you a cooler with the fixens for a small fee!:wink::smile2:

I will call Pat in the morning and get the fellers name if you want Skip.

8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The bus. card said "The Canvas Man" (I think), name was Gary Hester (I think). The card is in my truck. They said he works from his garage. Just been waiting to get a little farther along with my mods before I called him. Hoping to get a decent price for such small pieces of canvas but I know folks have to make a living too.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Yeah that's him....he is suppose to be very good...

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They showed me some full covers he made for some of the boats in storage and they looked great.

I just want covers for my pedestal seats and bench seats. Hoping it doesn't cost an arm and a leg because I just spent a pair of those on the current mods.:smile2:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a great service!

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hey Skippy, you could save a couple bucks and just go up to the grocery store and buy a box of Glad bags. :smile2:You could tighten the cinch strap down around the base of the seat for those windy days! :smile2::wink:

I know, NOT FOR THE CATSASS!! :crazy::tounge_out:

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I wouldn't treat my baby that way!:0a28:

I let enough things go last year like my seats coming off the hinges, it was embarrassing I tell you.:embarassed:

The wiring will need dressed up someday also, need some inside storage for that so I can tear the $%#@ out of it and take my time.

PipeRat just bought an industrial sewing machine but we don't have a clue how to sew yet. If the price is too high for custom covers, might give it a whirl but I'd rather practice on his boat! LOL!

Got enough to finish up as it is currently! It's adding up quick! $$$$$:sad2:

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Skip, the sewing thing with an industrial machine isn't too bad. I spent 3 months in the sail loft on a WestPac cruise making seat covers for humvees, duffel bags for my sqadmates and other stuff out of canvas when I wasn't sleeping:smile2: Just be careful not to sew all your fingers into a flipper while you're learning:wink:

DWB, do the math on the fines from the HOA vs. the cost of a marina, might just be cheaper to pay the tickets from the HOA and leave 'er in front of your house:smile2:

15. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Best idea yet!! I like the way you think!!!:smile2:

16. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    pat is a good guy thats where our searay is stored we know pat through my moms old work

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

You didn't like my idea?!?! :confused2: I thought for sure I was going to get asked to write something up for the Member Library on that one. :cool2:

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I bet if you write up a nice article complete with Glad Bag pics, they'll be all over it.:wink:

19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    C'mon Dan - cheap, easy, and effective?? Did you really think he was going to go for that?:smile2:

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yeah, I like things expensive, complicated and difficult to pull off.:eek:oooh: