Where to launch on the Mississippi?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 1 cattin dude, Aug 21, 2006.

1. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I live in northeast Arkansas and it seems like the lower the Mississippi River gets, the more boat launches I run out of:sad2:. My father-in-law has a trailer at Mellwood, but when the river is at 1ft. or lower (at Memphis) you can't get out into it. Does anyone know where else is fairly close to Jonesboro, or Mellwood?

2. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    there is a fairly new ramp south of Osceola.

3. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Thanks Dennis. Is that Sans Souci Landing? By the way, I live in Jonesboro too!

4. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I believe it is Sans Souci. It's south of town by a grain elevator.

5. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    From what I've heard, a grain elevator sounds like a good place for catfish. Have you tried fishing around it? I'm still trying to figure this big river out. So far I haven't had much luck; mostly with catching bait.

6. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    if its what im think it would be a good place because the grain thats sinks down is what them cat normaly feed on so they will be sitting there waiting for the food...also if you put corn on a hook i will almost guarentee you will catch a carp but i could be wrong

7. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Ryan I haven't fished it unfortunately, but I know some of the guys around have.

8. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    We have a member that lives there, if tere is grain, there are fish. The big one that was caught at Memphis was where a grain barge had sank., Maybe we should go North instead of South once and check it out.

9. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Yo Buster!!! Who caught the biggun and what size was it?? Heading that way in an hour so any info would be greatly appreciated! Did you say that barge is north of mempho?