Where to hit

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by cat lineman, Jul 1, 2006.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm wanting to start fishing the kaw,I always went back home to Concordia Ks and fished the river there but is has pretty much dried up,wondering if anyone had any tips for me.

2. SPECTRE

SPECTRE New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have always heard that Desoto has a few goood points to fish. The waters are fairly unfished at least not like 435 & Holiday Dr. I have tried the kaw in desoto a few times and never had any luck myself but I have seen my friends pull out some pretty nice flatheads upwards of 50lbs. Bullheads seem to works really good for this stretch of the river.

3. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'll give it a try up that way. I'm trying to buy a jon boat right now,I've got a bigger boat but I don't think that will work the best.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I used to fish the area around Desoto quite a bit and it has some good flatheads to catch. you will need a shallow drafting boat to navigate this stretch of river.

Now that i have a bigger boat I stck to the kaw point area of the kaw, its much deeper then up around desoto and ya can get into some blues at times as well.