Where to go?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by RedXpress, Mar 26, 2008.

1. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    I've got the itch to catch catfish. I went to to Lay this past Saturday to the steamplant, we threw the net and picked up some shad. Fished from 10am til about 2 o'clock, came back at dark and fished until close to 11:00. No luck.

I haven't ever been to the dam at Lay and I haven't been to Wheeler either, those are two places I plan on hitting here in the next few weeks. Where would you guys recommend going?

Also, if you ever see a red xpress w/ yamaha 150 on it and a fold and troll out back, say hey. I am always ready to meet some people on the water.

Kyle.

2. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ive heard alot about Wheeler, but havent ever fished there. It sounds like you have a nice rig! If I was in Alabama, I would fish one of the Tennessee river outlets!:wink:

3. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Go to Wheeler. I have fished Lay a couple of times and it's a nice lake, but there is simply no equal to Wheeler in the state or in the south. Just my opinion.​

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on your trips hope ya catch a bunch

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I spend most all my time between AL river and Jordan cause they are close to home and produce fairly well for me but plan to venture to Wheeler when time and $ permit. Heard nothing but good things about it.

6. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Mike when you come through Birmingham, Chelsea to be exact, gimme a holler, I just might go with you or follow you with my rig and a couple of buddies. We'll hit Wheeler for the first time together.

Good Luck either way!

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds good, maybe we can plan to trip together?? I just have to work on my truck the next couple weeks so I can tow my boat again. I sure would like to hit wheeler dam and find some big blues. :big_smile:

8. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Sounds good, I sent you a PM.