where to go?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by reel_mccoy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. reel_mccoy

reel_mccoy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My kids and I have next monday off and the weather looks to be warming up to the 50's for the weekend. They have really been wanting to go fishing and me too for that matter. Usually, I would go crappie fishing but with three kids it just doesnt work very well (hung up all the time). What do you think about below the dam at Ozark? Any other suggestions thats not too far from Fayetteville?

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the USCA Craig...

Sorry I cannot help you in your quest as I am not familiar with your area up north as I am from the deep south but, I am sure someone will be along later and will give you some suggestions.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Maybe you could take them trout fishing below Beaver Dam get some power bait or marshmellows with corn any way injoy your day:cowboy:

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I haven't been to the river in 3 weeks.......that is my longest stretch away too.
    We were scheduled to have school off next Monday, but are making it up due to all the snow days we took last week. I was going to fish Monday, but will have to wait until next weekend. I don't know about Ozark, but we have caught them about 10 miles below there this time of year. I don't know how you'd do if you were bank fishing, but if the weather is nice, it would be worth a try.
    good luck

5. reel_mccoy

reel_mccoy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    ccat, do you know if all the Fayetteville schools are going monday? If so then the boys will have school.