Where to go?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by killerporkchops, Jul 22, 2009.

1. killerporkchops

killerporkchops New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ok, so I normally go fishing with my father or my friend whom both have boats. I end up either going to hartwell or wylie to fish but neither one of them don't plan on going fishing anytime soon. Does anyone know any good bank catfishing places whether it's on a river, lake, reservoir, creek, pay pond, whatever? I live in the Spartanburg/Wellford area so the closer the better, but will drive if it's worth it.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Lake Blalock has a fishing pier that's open until midnight. If you are coming from Spartanburg on Hwy 221 you turn to the left beside some store before the bridge. Once you turn beside the store the road it the first road to the right. Its a straight shot from there to the entrance to the Boat Ramp/Park area...its also on the right. You could also try Lake Bowen off Hwy 9 but it would be bank fishing, no pier. I can't say for sure you will catch anything but they are some decent channel cats in both lakes.

3. killerporkchops

killerporkchops New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks, I've been to lake bowen before, but no luck on catfish maybe I will try blalock as long as there are plenty of places to fish on the bank.